No announcement yet.

i just got my bottle of cystoprotek???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just got my bottle of cystoprotek???

Ok it doesn't say anything about ic or bladder is this for overactive bladder??????????????????????????????????
    Angela

been taking elmiron (3X daily) for several years, would like to quit. started cystoprotec 2 mos ago, tried to taper off the elmiron but had a flare so am back on it too. anyone have luck quiting elmiron/
    carol
    current meds: elmiron 100mg X3
    imipramine 25 mg X1
    tramadol 50mg as needed
    lunesta as needed
    maxault (as needed for migraines)

previous meds: detrol la (quit working)
    cystoprotek (made worse)
    cystaq (worked well but expensive)
    valium

Comment

Elmiron gave me bad tummy pains. my only thing with ic is never having an empty bladder no pain,no accidents i hope these pills help me
      Angela

Comment

the thing that has helped me with frequency/urgency is detrol la
        current meds: elmiron 100mg X3
        imipramine 25 mg X1
        tramadol 50mg as needed
        lunesta as needed
        maxault (as needed for migraines)

previous meds: detrol la (quit working)
        cystoprotek (made worse)
        cystaq (worked well but expensive)
        valium

Comment

me also but i had bad side affects. my heart raced on that
          Angela

Comment

cystoprotek

hi there,
            Cystoprotek is a natural supplement and as such there can be no claim on the bottle...same for your vitamins. It really works to rebuild the GAG layer but you need at least 3 months..that one and aloe vera. Give it a try but don't expect to work right away.

good luck

Comment

The person who posted above me is correct - And, yes, it does take time to work. Most say 3-4 months to see any improvement. I've been on it for 3 weeks so far, and I feel the same so far. I do have an occasional day where I'd feel okay, but it's probably not due to the Cystoprotek. I am on many other medications as well in addition to Cystoprotek. (Elmiron, Elavil, Ditropan XL, Desert Harvest Freeze-Dried Aloe Vera, MSM/Glucosamine, and L-Arginatine...I think that's all of 'em!) I started all of these about 3 weeks ago, except the Elmiron - I started that 2 and half months ago when the IC became debilatating.
              Diagnosed with IC April 2007
              Stage IV Endometriosis - April 2005

Current Medications:

Elmiron - 3x/day 100mg
              Elavil - 50mg at night
              Enablex - 15mg/day
              YAZ - Birth control to stop my period (Period = FLARE!)

Additional Herbs & Supplements:

Cystoprotek (6 pills/day)
              MSM/Glucosamine Capsules
              MSM gel (For Urethral Pain)
              Omega 3 Fish Oil
              Indole-3-Carbinol (For the Endometriosis)

Too many medications for a 25 year old!

I WILL conquer this disease!

Comment

I have probably been on cystoprotek about 8 months I was taking 3 a day plus I was also taking 2 elmiron. I decided to try quitting the elmiron to see if I do ok. It has been a week, so far so good. I also increased my cystoprotek to 3 in the morn and 3 in the eve. I just wanted to give myself a fighting chance.

I want to make sure I am protecting my bladder so no more harm is done and if I have to go back to elmiron, no biggie. I will let you know if I relapse.
                past meds:
                elmiron 100mg 3 x a day
                cystoprotek 6 a day
                elavil 10 mg
                Femcon fe
                non-shellfish vegetarian glucosamine HCL
                750mg once a day

Comment

it rocks

cystoprotek rocks!!!!
                  Quit ELMIRON due to hair loss
                  Cystoprotek ROCKS!

find me on FACEBOOK -
                  search my email [email protected]

Current Meds:
                  AM Cystoprotek & ATARAX 50mg
                  Dinner CYSTOPROTEK
                  PM Elavil 25mg

Comment

It has almost been a month off of elmiron. Sometimes I do feel something going on with my bladder but I did on the elmiron also. I do not seem to be getting worse
                    past meds:
                    elmiron 100mg 3 x a day
                    cystoprotek 6 a day
                    elavil 10 mg
                    Femcon fe
                    750mg once a day

Comment

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing very well on cystoprotek.
                      I would not have believed it. I thought after a few weeks when the elmiron stopped working that i would be in severe pain. I feel very good (knock on wood). I need to update my drug list. I am taking cystoprotek 3 in the morn and 3 in the eve. That is the only thing I am on and calcium citrate. I haven't been restricting myself from any food or drink either.
                      past meds:
                      elmiron 100mg 3 x a day
                      cystoprotek 6 a day
                      elavil 10 mg
                      Femcon fe
                      750mg once a day

Comment

I just started cystoprotek last week. I started with one capsule a day, then moved to 2. If I continue to do okay with two, I'll add the final two in a few days. I'm hoping it will work for me.

Donna
                        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Donna,

Just keep on the cystoprotek and don't quit. I was taking cystoprotek when I was taking elmiron (only 3 a day for about a year). I decided to up my dose to 6 a day just to see if I could discontinue the elmiron and so far so good. Good Luck!

Sandy
                          past meds:
                          elmiron 100mg 3 x a day
                          cystoprotek 6 a day
                          elavil 10 mg
                          Femcon fe
                          750mg once a day

Comment

I've been on cystoprotek for 3 and half months, and take 2 in the morning and 2 at night. I keep them in the freezer, as I've been told it's easier on the stomach that way. I take them with breakfast and then again at dinner. I am doing better, but I still think it takes time...

Comment

Where do I get Cystoprotek and what are the side-effects? I tried taking Elmiron but had some terrible side-effects so I stopped. My symptoms are out of control right now. I have stomach problems so I have to be careful. What about the aloe vera that some take and this prelief? Sory for all of the questions...

-Jenny
                              -Jenny

Symptoms: Urgency, frequency, urethra stinging/burning, pressure, bladder pain.
                              Current Medications: Prelief, Pyridium, Loestrin FE 120, Probiotics.
                              Unsuccessful Medications: Elmiron, Atarax, Paxil (off since July 07 after 12 years), Oxytrol Patch

Diagnosed with IC in 2004, also have IBS and Endometriosis.

Comment

Working...
                              X