Desert Harvest Aloe Vera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Harvest Aloe Vera

I just wanted to write a few positive words about the Desert Harvest Aloe Vera capsules...

The main problem with my bladder is inflamation. When I had my cysto/hydro, the urologist noted that all parts of my bladder were inflamed. Since then, I've been taking the meds noted in my signature, and have felt good on most days. But, a week ago my bladder was a little irritated. I took a few of the aloe capsules and within hours I felt so much better. I've been using them for about 10 days and still feel great. I would recommend that anyone dealing with inflamation give them a try!
    Diagnosed with IC on 7/25/2008 via cysto/hydro. Symtoms were bladder pressure/pain and frequency. In remission

My bladder biopsy showed chronic inflammation c/w IC. Do you take the aloe w/ food? How many & how many times a day? Are you less diet sensitive since taking the aloe, or were you not diet sensitive before? Sorry for so many questions. Congrats on feeling so much better-you give me hope, thank you.

Comment

aloe vera

Does anyone know if it matters what type of aloe you take? I am currently taking Aloe Vera from a company called Solaray that I found at Whole Foods. It says it is a gel concentrate equivalent to 2 grams of aloe vera gel. I haven't seen much relief from it, but it's only been about 3 weeks, I take 2-3 tabs a day and they are 10mg. Maybe I need to switch brands? Thanks, Lisa

Comment

I have just ordered some Desert Aloe Vera, from the states as we can't get it in Aussie land I hope it works but will keep you updated.
        Jules

Comment

Hi KarenAnne I take 2 of the aloe pills at a time, either with or without food. I think that the bottle says you can take it either way. It also says you can take many of the pills a day. I take 2 in the morning and 2 at night, but I believe you can take more. I was a little diet sensitive when I was first diagnosed, not so much any more (I do take Prelief with acidic foods). But, I do think that the aloe has helped. It was almost immediate relief. I'm glad that I can offer you some hope! I felt really desperate when I was first diagnosed and now am feeling so much better! It's possible to get back to normal and I wish you the best!!!

Hi lisarb I don't know if it matters what brand/type of aloe you use...but, I do know that Desert Harvest has no artificial ingredients and it also does not contain citric acid. You might want to check out their website -- it has an IC testimonials page.

Hi jmfedor -- I wish you luck with the aloe! Let us know how it works.
          Diagnosed with IC on 7/25/2008 via cysto/hydro. Symtoms were bladder pressure/pain and frequency. In remission

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

To Lexie

Oh! cholcolate, I wish maybe one day I will keep dreaming.

Jules

Comment

Hi there, in answer to your one question:

The Desert Harvest Aloe is created specifically for IC patients. It is very very concentrated and has the laxative properties removed. They also don't use preservatives that are contraindicated in IC. They really have done a lot of research with IC patients.
                Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
                IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
                IC Diet Website
                For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
                Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
                Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
                IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Hi Lexie,

i felt really good with the aloe vera too, it helped straight away. i have been on it now for over a year. its the best.
                  Formerly lorenab

Comment

Hi lorenab I'm glad to hear that the aloe is still working for you after a year of use. I plan to stick with it as well!

Comment

Lexie- I see you say your symptoms are frequency and pressure, so I am assuming the aloe helped with those??? My main symptom is definitely frequency. So many things say they may help with pain, but not many mention frequency. How much did they reduce your symptoms??
                      I would love to hear details. I am thinking of giving this a go.

Jena
                      Diagnosed formally with IC in July 2007 (although I have had the symptoms for 6-7 yrs)
                      Main Symptoms: HORRIBLE frequency and pressure

Current meds:
                      Wellbutrin Sr (i dont know if this causes flares, but i cant live w/o it at this pt)
                      Loestrin
                      currently in PT, though I only can go every other week- will be incorporating trigger point injections soon.
                      Trying Aloe capsules- but have noticed not change thus far.
                      Take Ativan as needed for anxiety
                      Vicodin on rare occasions for pain (dont want to be addicted- and it puts me in a euphoric state, but it helps)
                      Was given Bentyl for IBS to take when needed. I dont really notice any relief from it though.

Scared to try: Elavil, Lexapro, Neurontin (i have to work to stay thin and healthy, I have put in my time over the years!!!, i dont want to see it slip away because of medication... that would just cause more anxiety and depression)

Have tried w/no luck:
                      Detrol LA
                      Enablex
                      Vesicare
                      Elmiron
                      Vistiral

Comment

Hi Jena -- Yes, the aloe has helped with both frequency and pressure. It calms inflamation, which in turn helped with both of those symptoms. I say give it a shot! Good luck

Comment

Just curious, can the aloe vera capsules be purchased at a store? I have seen the DESERT HARVEST website, and I have seen and read up on their aloe vera pill product, just wondering do they sell their product "in stores"?

I am living in Canada, and it is going to be expensive to get this product to me, plus duty. I am coming to the States (florida) next week, and wondered if this DESERT HARVERST aloe vera pills are sold in natural food stores...etc...where I may be able to purchase directly, instead of ordering?

Anyone know?

thx,
                          Peace
                          blue

Comment

Hi Blue,

Why don't you call the ICN store (number can be found at www.icnsales.com) and ask what they can do to send an order to where ever you happen to be in Florida. I am not aware that they are sold in any stores.
                            Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
                            IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
                            IC Diet Website
                            For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
                            Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
                            Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
                            IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

I had a really bad flare up for about 4-5 months and was miserable. I couldn't hardly eat anything or it would hurt so badly. I could only eat the blandest salt free foods and lost 20 lbs. My doctor told me to try the Desert Harvest Aloe Vera and gave me some free samples to try. I felt a little better and so ordered it and after about 3 weeks, I was alot better. When I started feeling back to being more normal, I tried to go without it due to the cost. After a couple of weeks, it started up again. So I ordered more and will stay on it. My doctor said it was the only brand that he thought would work and gave me lots of info to read from their company. It also helped my friend who has IC much worse than I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X