Has anyone tried L-Lysine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried L-Lysine?

Haven't been on here for a while, but I thought I'd throw out a question and see if anyone has any comments.

About 5 months ago a nurse I talked to told me to try taking L-Lysine to control outbreaks of herpes. I don't normally have too many outbreaks, but she said that she'd been taking it for at least 12 years and hadn't had an outbreak the whole time! So, what the heck, I thought I'd try it and see if it would be IC friendly. Seems like it's more than IC friendly for me.....

I haven't had any herpes outbreaks since I started it, plus my bladder has been feeling better. Woot woot! Seems like I can even push the limit a little more with foods that I know I shouldn't eat. I haven't had near as many flares, either and they seem to be milder. Not sure what the Lysine does, but it's been helping me! I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with Lysine.

Oh, I've been taking 500mg twice a day (morning and evening). I'm even considering upping the dose a little to see what happens..... Comments, anyone????

Lysine

I have tried it many years ago and it does work with the Herpes break out but for some reason or other I stopped I am glad it working for you. I might start again see how my bladder is feeling.
    Blessings,
    Ruth

Comment

Working...
    X