No announcement yet.

Is Magnesium Oxide okay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad a nutritionist was able to help you, maybe in the future....for now I'm just going with the list my UG gave me and will fumble my way through!
    Figured out today light yogurt is definitely a problem, will try the vanilla greek yogurt this week.
    My issue with potatoes is they are about 3 servings of carbs all by themselves. I'd rather split out my servings over the day!
    Thanks all for your input on the supplements and everything.
    Cindi

Gelnique for frequency/urgency - works great
    Macrobid after sex
    Prilosec, continuous birth control pills
    synthroid .088mg, mucinex-d, restasis

Supplements: Desert Harvest Aloe vera, Cysta-q, prelief, magnesium and calcium, Vit D, flaxseed oil

Diag Mild IC Jan 11 but have had symptoms for 25 years. Also have GERD, TMJ, IBS-C, chronic dry eye syndrome, hashimotos thyroiditis, non-allergic rhinitis.

IC Diet Link: http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf
    AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC overview- http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?p=571592
    AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC PDF: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf
    Great treatment flowchart on page 19 of the pdf

Comment

Thank so much for the tea tip. I may be able to drink that:woohoo:. Also, didn't know about carob. I have read the labels on carob chips and know I can't have those, but wasn't sure about the powder. I think I can have that if it doesn't hurt. I could add it to rice milk for a treat - thanks again! I'm going to try that too.

Sorry, about your headache. I remember when my daughter went off coffee she said she had headaches too.

Oh, potassium - it hurts me, alot. My doctor ran a blood test and found I was low in it. I took one pill - never again. I should have listened to my instincts on that one. I started eating bits of avacodo - yuck - I hate them. Then I tried eating more almonds. Acorn squash has it, but that causes me to have diarrhea (tmi). Zucchini is usually very ic friendly and it has some. I can't do sweet potatoes, but lentils are good. I have been eating these lately. I can't do lima beans, but I think the lentils are okay. The ones I have are organic in the can and I mix them with rice. It reminds me of a semi - burritto.

I think I am going to buy one of those sun boxes. This weather goes on so long and maybe it will help with the depression.

I have tried several different kinds of instillations. I can do them at home. What type does your uro recommend? Some uro's I have been to only do a standard recipe and some do many different kinds. Do you have a good uro there? One of my best friends lives around your area and she had to have back surgery. She did very well and said that they have excellent doctors around her area.
      Teresa

We are not HUMAN BEINGS going through a temporary SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE. We are SPIRITUAL BEINGS going through a temporary HUMAN EXPERIENCE....so that we may become more SPIRITUAL.

Comment

Hi Snowden1

Why don't you start with plain greek yogart first the more things added to it the more likely it is going to bother you.

I can eat greek nonfat yogart, it only has milk and cultures in it, no preservatives etc.

If I want to flavor it I add a few berries to it, or I blenderize the berries and stir them in, you can also add a bit of sugar if you are used to the sweet yogarts (yogart actually has a lot of sugar in it unless you buy ones which have artifical sugar, which also can bother our bladders).

Sometimes I blenderize 1 1/2 cups of berries add a bit of sugar or splenda in my case as I can eat it and I have to follow the diebetic diet too. I put it in a jar and add to yogart as needed, or on toast for Jam, it only takes a few mins to make it, you know what you are eatting and keeps in the fridge for about a week, it starts to smell like alcohol once it is fermenting.

Also have you tried white chocolet, I can eat and drink this, it makes good hot choc, just read the lables first, my husband bought me some once that was all artifical ingredence not good, but you can find real stuff in powder form in stores, maybe not all grocery stores but specility stores, other's can probably tell where to buy it.

good luck MG
        My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

MG,
          Thanks for the advice. How are you doing these days? Are you feeling better? I haven't talked to you in awhile.
          Teresa

We are not HUMAN BEINGS going through a temporary SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE. We are SPIRITUAL BEINGS going through a temporary HUMAN EXPERIENCE....so that we may become more SPIRITUAL.

Comment

MG and Teresa,
            I picked up some Greek vanilla yogurt this morning to try. I was shocked yesterday when I tried regular "light" yogurt yesterday after a few days of not eating it and an hour later I was very uncomfortable. I have been eating it every day for a couple months, probably as long as I have been feeling bad.......duh! I did wonder once or twice about it but I love it so much I quickly forgot about it.

Re: sunbox - hope it does you good, I have the desktop kind which is nice. I just eat and read a magazine by it every morning- you have to use it in the morning. Also a tip: start with 10 minutes or so and work up from there. I am one of the rare people who is very sensitive to the light and more then 15 minutes by it makes me feel like I have had too much caffeine lol. So I only need 15 minutes but most people need about 30 minutes a day. My husband definitely has seen the difference it has made for me.

Re: instillations - I actually haven't had one yet. I really like my urogynecologist, great bedside manner which is so important, and he'll work with me! He had just said he gets 85 -90% cure rate with them so he recommends them over drugs which he hasn't had too much success with.
            Cindi

Macrobid after sex

Supplements: Desert Harvest Aloe vera, Cysta-q, prelief, magnesium and calcium, Vit D, flaxseed oil

Diag Mild IC Jan 11 but have had symptoms for 25 years. Also have GERD, TMJ, IBS-C, chronic dry eye syndrome, hashimotos thyroiditis, non-allergic rhinitis.

AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC overview- http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?p=571592
            AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC PDF: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

Hmm.. thanks Cindi for all the info. I saw that your IC came on gradually over the years. How old were you when you started experiencing symptoms. I am worried about my daughter who is having recurring UTI's now. I have made an apt to get her into a uro/gyn. She is 18 soon to be 19 in March. I hate to think of either of my daughter's having this. I used to worry about teen-age pregnancies, but now that would be so much easier to handle than this. She has been on four different antibiotics within the last couple of months.

I bought one of those light things for her. She is away at college. She thinks it helps as well.

So, is the Greek yogurt working better for you? Can you eat mozzarella cheese? Or any other's? I am so glad you may have found something diet wise that can help stop some of your discomfort.
              Teresa

Comment

Unfortunately an hour after I had the greek yogurt and blueberries I had discomfort. I have mild IC so I never really call it pain but it hurts to sit like when your bladder is SO full you feel like it could pop, of course it isn't that full when I have this pain. Once I go, the pain is gone for about an hour though I've had periods where it came back within 10 minutes. I had no pain from last night up until lunch today. I'm really trying to look at the list when I eat and breakfast was an egg, bagel thin, avocado, colby jack cheese. Blueberries are soothing to the bladder so I don't think that would have been the problem. There were no artificial ingredients or anything though it had dehydrated cane juice in it, not sure where that stands need to look at the list again. I could try the plain unsweetened but I'd have to put sugar in it or something! I'll try that and then I give up and will have to find something besides yogurt to eat.
                I have no problems with cheese and eat tons of it, colby jack, provolone, mozzarella, string cheese. When I'm not having symptoms which lately seems like never I can even eat pepperjack cheese. I absolutely crave spicy food and its hard to not eat it right now...no salsa etc.

I can understand your worries about your daughter(s). My mother also has it though I think hers is truly OAB and shes going to be starting the interstim trial soon. I don't know what if any connection there might be hereditary wise. I think its good you are taking her to a uro though. My daughter who is now 12 had a few uti's right in a row about 4 years ago but luckily swiching her from baths to showers solved the problem!

My IC - It kinda comes and goes, never fully gone but less frequency/urgency. I think it started when I was in my mid 20's and got a UTI or two and then they never felt gone so at one point I was on daily macrobid for months even though I still always kinda felt like I had to go. Seems like the symptoms kinda would go away for awhile and then come back but I had alternating IBS C and D at the time and maybe that effected it. After my second child was born I had lots of symptoms and finally saw a urologist when we lived in NY (we've moved around a bit). He basically blew me off because of my age even though I was in my late 30's then and it was a bad experience and I felt humiliated when I left his office. I had read about overactive bladder and wanted to be put on the meds which he would've done maybe if I had gone back to see him but I never did.
                Fast forward to the last 4 years or so, now the OAB meds are so popular my primary doc prescribed oxybutynin for me a few years ago and it really did help, especially with the spasms which started after my daughter was born. Finally I decided to go see the UG and get a "real" diagnosis. My cystoscopy wasn't very enlightening as my bladder looked ok so he calls it mild IC or OAB but he says OAB doesn't have pain and I have pain thus mild IC. I go back in a month or so and we'll see where the vesicare leaves me and the bladder training and if I still have the pain then he'll want to maybe do the instillations...
                Cindi

Macrobid after sex

Comment

I cannot take magnesium oxide, flared me like crazy. I usually take the citrate or stearate. Just remember we all are different

Comment

Thanks, Judy, that is interesting. I wonder if it is acidic? I still haven't tried it. Too scared.

Cindi, You may want to try blueberries by themselves. I can't do them, but I can't do much. Just see for a few days if you are okay with them. Evaporated cane juice is just sugar that is not as acidic as refined sugar. I can actually have this.
                    Teresa

Comment

Working...
                    X