CystaQ or Cystoprotek??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CystaQ or Cystoprotek??

I have very bad IC flares. I am on Social Security Disability and need to know which is better CystaQ or Cystoprotek..or are they the same? I cannot afford to buy something that doesn't work. But I am willing to spend $39 per month if it will keep the flares away. Anyone taking either one please help me decide which to order? I need to start therapy asap as I just went into remission and want to postpone the next flare as long as possible. Would love some feedback before I make my purchase. Thank you all so much!!

As someone who is also on a limited income, I was wondering if you've tried turmeric? It's available at your higher end grocery stores for under 5 dollars and there have been other members who have reported success with it. I've never had luck with quercetin, for some reason it just made me thirsty.

Comment

both of these products may take sometime to work. like 3-6months. I know u need something fast but Im not sure if its going to give u fast relief or not. I think generally cysta q works a lil faster than cysto protek but it doesnt have the bladder coating properties that cystoprotek has. i think its more like an anti-inflammatory/symptom and pain reducer. Im using bladder ease and its sold on this site. it has bladder coating properties and also anti-inflammatory properties. the lady who created it has a book with a section on IC and its well reasearched. u can try that one also. I agree alot of natural supplements for IC are expensive. Cysta Q use to give a free one month trial u can check if they still do. and i believe cystoprotek does the same.
      Diagnosed with IC October 2009- through bladder biopsy (no glomerations or hunners ulcers found, just irritation)

I have moderate-severe IC

Currently stopped taking all medications due to pregnancy

Comment

turmeric - Hardly anything hurts my bladder but turmeric did! Ouch, I could tell right away, only took it for a couple of days, so be careful.

I take cystoprotek. Unfortunately there is no guarantee it will work for you. If you get on the amazon automatic refill service, its a quite a bit less money, $28 a month I pay.
        Cindi

Gelnique for frequency/urgency - works great
        Macrobid after sex
        Prilosec, continuous birth control pills
        synthroid .088mg, mucinex-d, restasis

Supplements: Desert Harvest Aloe vera, Cysta-q, prelief, magnesium and calcium, Vit D, flaxseed oil

Diag Mild IC Jan 11 but have had symptoms for 25 years. Also have GERD, TMJ, IBS-C, chronic dry eye syndrome, hashimotos thyroiditis, non-allergic rhinitis.

IC Diet Link: http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf
        AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC overview- http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?p=571592
        AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC PDF: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf
        Great treatment flowchart on page 19 of the pdf

Comment

6 Weeks on Cystoprotek

Hello,

I started the cystoprotek back in early January and I have to say that I am doing much better. My flares are down to about once a week and they are very short lived (maybe a day). I'm also doing preleif with all my meals and try to eat alkalizing foods.
          I'm not sure if it's a combo of these things or if the Cystoprotek is starting to heal my bladder, but I plan to keep on this regimin forever!
          Good luck,
          Jana

Comment

I was really hopeful about the Cystoprotek as I had actually seen Dr. Grannum Sant (reported to be one of the doctors working on it) in the 90's.) It gives me wicked headaches, though and makes me feel weird....I may try it again.

Comment

Try Desert Harvest Aloe. I have been using it for almost a year along with the Cystoprotek, and it has helped me tremendously! When I get a flare, I take 6 pills with a 8 oz glass of water, and usually within an hour, I'm fine.

Daily I take 3 Desert Harves Pills along with 2 Cystoprotek two times a day.

Comment

Try Desert Harvest Aloe. I have been using it for almost a year along with the Cystoprotek, and it has helped me tremendously! When I get a flare, I take 6 pills with a 8 oz glass of water, and usually within an hour, I'm fine.

Daily I take 3 Desert Harves Pills along with 2 Cystoprotek two times a day. Usually 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.

Comment

I will try the aloe-thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindeee View Post
                    I will try the aloe-thanks.
                    Your welcome. Give it a few weeks to work, and definitely go by what the website says as far as how to take it. It really worked for me. I haven't been able to lower my dosage per day yet, and they said maybe this dose (3 2x a day) is my maintenance dose.

Good luck!

Comment

I've been debating CystaQ or Cystoprotek too. Thanks for the information. I might also try the aloe. I'm kind of in the same spot. I need relief now, but I realize all of the options seem to take a while before they may work. Fingers crossed.
                      ~Star B.

Conditions:
                      Interstitial Cystitis
                      Fibromyalgia
                      Chronic Fatigue
                      Endometriosis
                      Neurally Mediated Syncopy

Comment

same for me

Originally posted by shopgirl06 View Post
                        Your welcome. Give it a few weeks to work, and definitely go by what the website says as far as how to take it. It really worked for me. I haven't been able to lower my dosage per day yet, and they said maybe this dose (3 2x a day) is my maintenance dose.

Good luck!
                        For a long time I was taking 3pills 3x a day but now am taking 3 pills 2x a day, not sure I'll be able to lower it but thats ok if it helps at all. I do feel I am at a place where I am as good as I'm going to get on these alternative therapies so I have started elmiron too. I am going to keep taking the aloe and the cystoprotek though.
                        Cindi

Gelnique for frequency/urgency - works great
                        Macrobid after sex
                        Prilosec, continuous birth control pills
                        synthroid .088mg, mucinex-d, restasis

Supplements: Desert Harvest Aloe vera, Cysta-q, prelief, magnesium and calcium, Vit D, flaxseed oil

Diag Mild IC Jan 11 but have had symptoms for 25 years. Also have GERD, TMJ, IBS-C, chronic dry eye syndrome, hashimotos thyroiditis, non-allergic rhinitis.

IC Diet Link: http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf
                        AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC overview- http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?p=571592
                        AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC PDF: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf
                        Great treatment flowchart on page 19 of the pdf

Comment

Working...
                        X