Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmclien
    replied
    I think for most people that would work, I think its a ratio of 3 to 1 or something close to that with calcium being the higher number. Good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    Oh, I had a thought last night before bed... has anyone tried any of the suppliments that have both Calcium and Magnesium in them, for both alkilizing the urin and for constipation?

I wonder if that would work....

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    Thank you for the information.

I tried Flaxmeal, which worked really well for my constipation, however oddly it greatly exaserbated my IC for some reason so I had to stop taking it. Kinda disappointing. :/

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Originally posted by MelindaP View Post
    I ordered Lifetime Coral Calcium, 1000mg caps. Must be a capsule with no vitamins added. You are supposed to take one with each meal, so 3x a day. You need to take Magnesium with it so you don't get consipated. I take Twin Lab Magnesium caps, 1 at night. I also take 2 caps Flaxseed oil at night. I have been taking the flaxseed for over a year now. I figure that is good all around for everything! I'll let you know how it goes.
    Melinda
    I take (Natures Way) magnesium caps too but I have to take around 3 of them a day (1200mg) to not be constipated! But thats just me lol, probably related to my IBS and some of my meds do that to me. I take the flaxseed caps too, think they're really great for inflammation, have helped my dry eyes tremendously.

Leave a comment:

• MelindaP
    replied
    I ordered Lifetime Coral Calcium, 1000mg caps. Must be a capsule with no vitamins added. You are supposed to take one with each meal, so 3x a day. You need to take Magnesium with it so you don't get consipated. I take Twin Lab Magnesium caps, 1 at night. I also take 2 caps Flaxseed oil at night. I have been taking the flaxseed for over a year now. I figure that is good all around for everything! I'll let you know how it goes.
    Melinda

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    Hi MelindaP,

What calcium capsuls did you order? Would you let me know how well the work for you?

Leave a comment:

• MelindaP
    replied
    LindaMay,
    I believe the calcium helps neutralize the acidic nature of our urine, thereby protecting the bladder tissue & giving it time to heal. I know when I drink the baking soda in water I feel great relief from the burning. I also make all my drinking water more alkaline by putting in Alkalife drops. I am going to start taking the calcium capsules when they arrive in the mail. Then hopefully I can stop drinking the baking soda in water!
    MelindaP

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    Thank you for the information on the Alkalife, I had not heard of it.

I also did not know that plain old calcium worked lol. I just may give that a try.

Leave a comment:

• Linda May
    replied
    will calcium pills help my ic?

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    No but regular old calcium will do the same thing for you (alkalize your urine)
    And I do like the idea of those drops so I ordered some. I simply cannot find neutral bottled water, everyone I've bought has been acidic.

Leave a comment:

• MelindaP
    replied
    I buy Alkalife drops. I put 2-3 drops in each glass I drink. Even in my bottled water! I think it really helps.
    MelindaP

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    started a topic Calciblend/Urinary Alkilization and Coffee Tamer

Calciblend/Urinary Alkilization and Coffee Tamer

Has anyone tried either of these? How well did it work for you?
Working...
X