Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tink22
    replied
    Thank you for this post! I have been considering buying some, as for some reason Melatonin has been at the fore front of my mind for several weeks lol. I just wasn't sure how much would be a good dose to take.

I shall give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Yes, my hubby and I both started taking melatonin, 3mg every night a number of months ago, it really does help.

My doctor also has said I can give it to our daughter once a week (though I cut in half for her) on Sundays because she can't fall asleep until midnight. In effect she said it will reset her internal clock and then shes fine Monday. And she was right, thats all it takes to reset her internal clock every week and she goes right to sleep sunday nights.

The other interesting fact about melatonin if you have teenagers is that their levels actually don't peak until much later at night! So there is actually a medical reason for them staying up so late and sleeping in so late!

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    replied
    Thank you Donna

I talked with my pharmacist and he looked at my meds and told me I shouldn't have any problems taking 3 mg (which is a very low dose) except possibly a morning "hangover" which I haven't had. There were no contraindications that he could see. So far I'm really just enjoying the sleep!! And I don't see my uro/gyno until the 30th, so pharmacist was the best I could do. I do suggest, like you, that if you're going to try it be sure to check that it's safe.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm glad it's helping. Please do be sure to let your doctor know you are taking it. If you won't be seeing your doctor for a while, your pharmacist can probably tell you of any potential interactions with your medications.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    started a topic Melatonin

Melatonin

I don't know if anyone here takes this but I started taking 3 mg at night because I wasn't sleeping well and I was just so tired from getting up all night to pee. I did some research online and found an article (I would post a link if I could find it again) that said that your body needs to have a certain level of melatonin and if it's low, you don't cope with pain as well, or you "feel" it more. The Dr who wrote the article said 3 mg at night is enough to give you the proper level for your bodys needs. Now, I don't believe every Tom, Dick and Doctor on the web. But I had used melatonin before so decided to give it another try.
    I've been using it for about 10 days. I can't see any effects on my pain levels. BUT, my sleep has been fantastic!!! I was usually up 4-5 times a night and that has gone down to maybe 2 and then the 3-4 come around 5:15 when I'll be getting up soon anyway. I can get up, go to the bathroom and then crawl back in bed and get a 2-3 more hours of sleep!! It's been like a miracle for me.

Does anyone else use this with positive results?
Working...
X