Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IamBlessed
    replied
    I just started using Custom Probiotics. So far I think they are working really well. I have IBS too and they are improving my symptoms. I use the Adult CP-1 formula. Check it out!
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 05-27-2011, 01:43 AM. Reason: Removed sales site.

Leave a comment:

• jvr
    replied
    Thanks Kadi :-)

Jill

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Hi Jill,
    I don't know how I did with the Culturelle, honestly. I flared, but I was very sick, very stressed, and was taking a very powerful antibiotic. So, who knows what flared me?
    I'm going to try it again this summer, when I have time off.

Leave a comment:

• jvr
    replied
    Hi Kadi,
    Just wondering how you ever did with the Culturelle? My child's doctor recommended a probiotic, but I'm scared of which one to try. I was looking at this probiotic in the store today and was a bit nervous to buy it. My daughter is very sensitive like you so everything you've mentioned as being okay for you has also been okay for her. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.:-)

Thanks,
    Jill
    Last edited by jvr; 04-27-2011, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nyeema
    replied
    Probiotics and IC Symptoms

I do think probiotics help with IC symptoms. I have urethritis w/my IC and i have noticed that it causes a 'warmer' vaginal environment. This imbalance affects the natural flora and i start to feel the 'itch' if i am off the probiotic for 3-4 days. i am down to just 1 per day but in a flare i will take 2 in the morning and 2 at night.

Leave a comment:

• nyeema
    replied
    Quick Relief from Yeast

In addition to taking the probiotic orally you should also insert a few tablets vaginally especially at night. but if you're having uncomfortable symptoms right now just insert 2 or 3 and you will start to feel better quickly.

it would also be good to stop eating sugars (including carbs) it will help.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    The ICA magazine this month features probiotics mainly as a way to manage IBS, chronic fatigue & UTIs which many of us also have. For some IC patients, their bladders get better when they manage the constipation & diarrhea from the IBS and the irritation from bladder infections. There's no research currently showing probiotics reduce IC symptoms, but there is speculation that it may help with the concurrent conditions or over time with the IC itself. But it looks like it's all speculation now.

I'm trying them both because the antibiotic I'm taking is notorious for causing yeast infection, but also because my urgent care doctor mentioned probiotics as a way to improve immunity in general - I'm now teaching at an elementary school and am surrounded by germs!! (Cute children too! But also many many germs.)

I just tried Culturelle tonight (couldn't find the other brands & as I've got 10 days of antibiotics to take, I figured desperate times call for desperate measures.)
    So far, no flare from the Culturelle, but I sure wish I'd taken it when I started the antibiotics, because I feel like I sat on a red anthill.

We'll see over the next few days if the Culturelle is ok for me, as sometimes things I can take once, may cause flares if I take them days in a row. Crossing fingers!

Leave a comment:

• healingthoughts
    replied
    Do probiotics help with IC symptoms?

Leave a comment:

• nyeema
    replied
    Fem-Flora much Cheaper

FYI Fem-Flora from Swanson is EXACT same probiotic formula as femdophulis at a quarter of the price.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Femdophilus - You can get it on Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• 425runner
    replied
    I've been taking Fem-dophilus (Jarrow) for a month now and no yeast infection or problems "down there" so I think it works. Other probiotic that I was happy with in the past was by Now Foods, forget what it's called but it has to be refrigerated and has 25 billion good bacteria.

Another high quality brand is Nature's Way. I suggest you order it from iHerb or buy at a local health foods store where they keep them refrigerated.

Leave a comment:

• nyeema
    replied
    Fem-Flora

I used to swear by Femdophilus. But it was so pricey i was overjoyed to hear about Fem-Flora. It is formulated for women's bladder and vaginal issues.

IT is a fraction of the price of femdophilus and has the exact same formula. You have to buy it directly from Swanson but it's cheap and i usually buy other supplements at the same time.

Good Luck
    Nyeema
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 03-21-2011, 02:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    I use Natures Way Primadophilus Reuteri. It is a 5 billion count per capsule and has in it:

Lactobacillus acidophilus, rhamnosus and reuteri (RC-14)
    Also has bfidobacterium

The reuteri part has been shown in many studies to improve womens pelvic health by keeping the bad bacteria at bay.

Another one, femdophilus has the same RC-14 in it too and should be another good one.

I swear by the Natures Way brand, have not tried the femdophilus brand but have heard good things about it. After I started taking it, a few years ago, I haven't even had a cold! Which for me is so unusual as I used to get at least 3 a year. I can't for sure say thats why I haven't had one but its the only thing I consistently take.

If I ever feel iffy in my girl parts I just take 2 a day instead of one and it goes right away.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    started a topic Which probiotics?

Which probiotics?

Which probiotics do you use? Brand? Amount?
    The ICA magazine has an article speaking highly of probiotics for IC patients, but didn't name any brands.

I'm constantly getting sick - colds, flus, bronchitis, sinus infections. The doctor today recommended a ton of foods I can't eat to try to build my immunity, which was frustrating. She did mention probiotics, so I thought I'd ask you here what you all are using that is ok & doesn't cause flare.

Thanks,
Working...
X