Medical Marajuhana (sp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Marajuhana (sp)

I am sure this will cause me some trouble for posting, however....

I was watch Dr. Oz's show on Medical Marajuhana for the reduction in pain in people with MS and others with pain problems, and wondered if it would work for IC patients with pain. It is supposed to block pain receptiors as it was shown in an animation.

Has anyone tried it? Or would be willing to admit they tried it? Did it work?

I thought it might be something to consider, certainly after the past two weeks I have had lol! o-O

If this offends anyone I am super sorry.

Thanks
    Live Well
    Love Much
    Laugh Often!

Diagnosed:
    Dec 2005
    Diagnosis:
    IC
    Cysto/Hydro:
    Dec 2005
    Other Conditions:
    Anxiety, Insomnia, Chronic Sinusitis, Bursitis of the hip, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, PFD, Inflamitory Arthritis of the neck, Allergy to Yeast and Dairy
    Meds for IC:
    Prosed/DS as needed which works much better for me than Pyridium, Prelief, Coffee Tamer, Claritin 5mgs and sodium bicarb as needed.
    Alternative Treatments
    Physical therapy for 8 weeks, Acupuncture (just started).
    Other Meds:
    Skelaxin (as needed)
    Didn't work:
    Detrol LA (didn't help symptoms), Pyridium 200mg isn't working very well anymore.
    Tried:
    Elmiron (Major Dizziness), Hydrodistention (Greatly exacerbated IC symptoms), Urised (hard time breathing), Ditropan (bladder pain the next day), Rescue Instillations - Lidocane, sodium bicarb (all over body rash with itching),

There are some states where it is legal --- and I know of some ICers who have felt it helps.

However, in states where it isn't legal it can be a problem. Think of it this way --- if someone is willing to sell you an illegal substance, there is no way to know if the product you are buying is what he/she says it is. Would you cash a check for a thief?

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Hi Shamay,

I am someone who definitely believes that using marijuana has helped me cope with my IC pain. I have posted about my marijuana use several times ... there is a thread about "marijuana derivatives..." in the The Latest IC, BPS & Pelvic Pain Research category of the forum, as well as a recent discussion of using medical marijuana in the Pain Management for IC category of the forum. Just scroll down through the threads in those areas and you will find them.

I'm Canadian and don't have a prescription for marijuana (though my doctor is fully aware that I use it). Check out those threads I mentioned and if you have any questions about my experiences, feel free to IM or ask here. I'm not shy about talking about marijuana at all as I'm an advocate for the full legalization of it (for both medical and recreational use).
      Me: Canadian. 31.

IC symptoms: Cramping, burning, frequency. Pain!

Pain management: Ibuprofen. AZO. Marijuana. Prelief. The IC Diet.

My IC-safe, Gluten-free, Lactose-free food blog:
      Good for Your Guts

Comment

I'm in an area where medical marijuana is legal. I know several people who use it for pain control, and for them it has been very effective. Most people I know who use it, use it for arthritis pain and inability to sleep, and also for the anxiety that goes along with it. I haven't come across anyone yet who is using it for bladder or pelvic pain though it would be interesting to see how many people find it effective for this. Unfortunately most people don't openly talk about their bladder problems and I don't feel it would be very nice of me to ask them. There may be some response though in an IC support group here where people openly talk about this.

Comment

Thank you for your responses.

I will check out the threads.
          Live Well
          Love Much
          Laugh Often!

Diagnosed:
          Dec 2005
          Diagnosis:
          IC
          Cysto/Hydro:
          Dec 2005
          Other Conditions:
          Anxiety, Insomnia, Chronic Sinusitis, Bursitis of the hip, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, PFD, Inflamitory Arthritis of the neck, Allergy to Yeast and Dairy
          Meds for IC:
          Prosed/DS as needed which works much better for me than Pyridium, Prelief, Coffee Tamer, Claritin 5mgs and sodium bicarb as needed.
          Alternative Treatments
          Physical therapy for 8 weeks, Acupuncture (just started).
          Other Meds:
          Skelaxin (as needed)
          Didn't work:
          Detrol LA (didn't help symptoms), Pyridium 200mg isn't working very well anymore.
          Tried:
          Elmiron (Major Dizziness), Hydrodistention (Greatly exacerbated IC symptoms), Urised (hard time breathing), Ditropan (bladder pain the next day), Rescue Instillations - Lidocane, sodium bicarb (all over body rash with itching),

Comment

I am definitely keeping that as an option. I do have a reputable source though. I might be worried if i didn't.

wife, mom to three, theater professional
            diagnosed- "mild" IC Feb 10, 2011
            symptoms started on and off Nov 2010
            urgency, frequency, general bladder discomfort,itching, and other nasty feelings
            I am going completely holistic with herbs and diet to heal

Comment

Working...
            X