Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bojana
    replied
    I am so glad to hear that aloe vera helped you. I can not afford it anymore even on sales, so I had to stop for now and in general I did not notice to help me with frequency in almost 2 years I was taking it. I am trying other things now but perhaps one day I will try it again. I wish it would not be so expensive and then shipping it abroad which costs more than 1/2 of the bottle.

Leave a comment:

• Jocotter
    replied
    Yes, those sales do help. I try to buy six months each time it goes on sale, plus they still give you the multi bottle discount. But still it is expensive. However, I would pay even more for a magical cure, if there was one. lol

I found out that my doctor adds aloe vera to my rescue treatments. I asked and they said there is lidocaine, another pain killer that starts with an M, a steroid, aloe vera and something else. They said that they had recently upped the percentage of aloe vera and found people were having better results.

Leave a comment:

• lisa7688
    replied
    I have been taking Dessert Harvest aloe vera, 6 a day, for a month now. I have even added 3 more if I eat or drink something that I know will cause a flare. I plan to do the 3 months of 6 aloe vera capsules a day as DH suggests and then go back down to 3 a day. I'm doing well so far with 6 a day. Overall I am noticing less frequency and irritation. There have been a few days here and there with more frequency but overall I feel I am improving. My only issue is the cost. I'm hoping I can maintain results on 3 daily and just take more on the days I need to. I didn't realize they have sales in June and December. I'm glad someone here posted that. I may stock up for the year in December.

Leave a comment:

• jdiraymond
    replied
    Relief with Desert Harvest Aloe Vera!

Have no symptoms when taking Elmiron 4 a day. Because of the cost, I cut back to 3 a day. Symtoms returned of course.

Began Desert Harvest Aloe Vera July 14th. Noticed positive results within a few days. Began Cystoprotek July 21st 2 a day. Within a day, more burning. After 3 days I stopped the Cystoprotek and burning went away within 2 days.

July 28 I decreased Elimiron to 2 a day.

It is now August 15th and I am doing great. We have just returned from a 12 day trip- 3000 miles driving and I didn't increase Elmiron! I did increase DH Aloe Vera when I had any signs of IC raising its ugly head! Had a great time and no flare ups.

I have ordered Desert Harvest Quetin and will try it. Their product does not have added ingredients as found in Cystoprotek.

I plan to month by month try decreasing the Elmiron. I am so thankful to the Lord and for Desert Harvest.

Leave a comment:

• Jocotter
    replied
    I take it, but am not sure if it helps. My doctor thinks he sees a huge benefit from it with his patients, so I keep taking it. My only problem with it is the expense.

Leave a comment:

• mouse
    replied
    Aloe

I drink George's and I can't say if it's helped my IC because Savella has pretty much gotten that under control but it has definitely helped my IBS. When My IBS acts up my bladder is sure to follow so I guess in a way it has

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    So very true. Supplements alone don't always work the best if dietary habits aren't changed. Relying on prelief or tagamet or other supplements and still drinking coffee and tea and citrus seems like it would be counter productive while in the midst of trying to heal the bladder. And quite expensive at that!

Leave a comment:

• ICNPersistent
    replied
    Aloe Vera and dietary changes help too

I agree that these supplements are expensive and if I decide to really incorporate the aloe vera into my regimen it will cost $300 to $500/year and that's if I buy a year's supply in the months of June and December during their bi-annual sales.

I think it's only fair to report that introducing expensive supplements into my regimen may have also had a behavioral effect in that I do try to reduce or eliminate those dietary irritants that cause the most problems.

For example, I was not mindful with my diet yesterday and I am experiencing hip pain today and my IC is more active. Therefore, I can't credit just the aloe vera with the improvement but rather, supplements and mindfulness with the diet help more and the two combined are even more powerful than just the introduction of another acid-reducing supplement, as worthwhile as it may be.

IC is expensive to manage and even more expensive when we don't make the lifestyle changes that can help us the most but I'm learning that for some/many IC patients, lifestyle changes don't seem to be enough especially if urgency, frequency, and hot searing pain are part of the problem.

I experienced frequency at the onset of my condition, when I was actually diagnosed but for some reason, the frequency, and the pressure associated with the need to void, was mostly eliminated after the bladder hydrodistension. I'm not an advocate of hydrodistension as a treatment but I do recall that the urologist told me that he'd removed a considerable amount of scar tissue from the ureters. I've always wondered what role scar tissue may play in exacerbating IC symptoms especially for women like me who had suffered many UTI's during my lifetime.

I think I have to learn to remain vigilent with my diet because otherwise, expensive supplements are less effective.

Leave a comment:

• Bojana
    replied
    I am still taking it but I am running out in a week. Unfortunately it does not help me with frequency and urgency and I took it for almost 2 years. I have no pain (never really had any big pain with my IC just burning) so maybe it worked for that, we will see how it goes when I stop taking it. I can not afford it anymore, its way too expensive for me now and shipping abroad is costing almost the same as 1 month bottle.
    Anyway I am glad to hear that AV does work for some which means hope.

Leave a comment:

• ICNPersistent
    replied
    Good Results with Desert Harvest Aloe Vera

I was diagnosed with IC in September 2008. burning and pressure were my main complaints. I did not experience hot, stabbing pain or pain in my groin etc. I did experience pain in my hip. I thought I had a hip problem.

I've been taking Elmiron since October 2008. I've been taking 200 mg of Elmiron for a little over a year. I used to take Elavil 25 mg at bedtime but I no longer take that because I experience heart palpitations. I'm still taking 25 mg of Atarax before bed.

I also take one Cysta-Q tablet per day along with Prelief before meals or beverages that are acidic or irritating to my condition.

I introduced DH aloe vera into my current regimen about a month or so ago. I had a flare for the first time in 2 years. I don't know why. I took aloe vera capsules and Calcium with Vitamin D. I discontinued use of the aloe vera capsules. I called DH. They could not have been more understanding. Neither of us understood why I experienced a flare. I gave it a few weeks and re-introduced DH aloe vera into my regimen one capsule per day. I'm now taking 3 capsules per day throughout the day. No flares. I have noticed an improvement in my IC symptoms. I hate to admit this but I drink coffee most days and I drink red wine once or twice per week.

I was experiencing some burning and aching in my hip after consuming these items even after taking Prelief or baking soda however, these symptoms are improved now that I'm taking DH aloe vera. Make no mistake, I still have IC but my symptoms are relieved with use of this product. I want to stress that I did not experience burning or searing pain with my IC. I experienced pressure and a dull ache on my left side. This pressure would worsen with consumption of irritants. I still do experience an intensification of symptoms but it's only mildly irritating now.

I don't know if DH aloe vera will work for you but I think it is worthwhile and will continue to use it. I could not take the recommended dose of 6 pills per day because I experienced some GI effects but I'm up to 3 capsules now and I called DH today. It's working for me. If I decide not to take the Calcium or the Magnesium, I can send it back. If it doesn't work for you, you can refer to their liberal refund policy and you can send it back too.

DH aloe vera is working for me and I'm feeling even better now that my regimen includes 200 mg of Elmiron per day, 25 mg of atarax at bedtime and DH aloe vera. I will begin to reduce the dosage of atarax 25 mg to 12.5 with the blessing of my urologist by the end of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Bojana
    replied
    Thanks, Donna. Maybe its time to try DH again and see for myself if helps or not, I just wish it wouldn´t be so expensive.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I know that Desert Harvest has undergone trials for IC patients.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Bojana
    replied
    So is there any difference between DH and IC Aloe Vera. I saw that new IC AV has more aloe in it..I guess they should be similar, but I am just wondering if anyone has tried both and saw the difference. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• kohli
    replied
    HI there,
    I wanna know much about the Aloe Vera benefits... I know only much knowledge about the Aloe Vera...

Leave a comment:

• SherriB
    replied
    DH Aloe Vera

I was starting to see improvement after about 4 months on elmiron, but since I started taking DH Aloe about 6 weeks ago, I'm doing even better. I take 3 capsules twice daily. I definately recommend it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X