Drinks that dont cause flare ups in IC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinks that dont cause flare ups in IC

Ok I was just wondering what ican drink besides water 24/7 that will not make my IC flare up, it seems like i cant drink anything at all besides water .... And lately even drinking water all the time isnt making it better
    Stacey Cash

When I was very diet sensitive I had no problems with AW or MUG Rootbeer.. At first I was dilute in down some.. But then I just started drinking it without adding water to it.. I still do fine on them.. I do not drink other rootbeers because they have caffeine in them..
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I can drink root beer.

Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I'm very diet-sensitive and I'm ok with the Hint Blackberry and Hint Pear waters. I'm also ok with SmartJuice Pear Juice and Trader Joe's Just Blueberry juice, but I dilute them with lots of ice.
        Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
        I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
        Source - Pinterest
        "

Current treatments:
        -IC diet
        -Elavil 50mg at night
        -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
        -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
        -Pyridium if needed,
        -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
        -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
        -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
        -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
        -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
        -Managing stress= VERY important!
        -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I can drink diluted pear juice, diluted blueberry juice, almond milk, rice milk, low fat vanilla or date milk shake, and once in a great while a pear vodka martini.

Comment

Just blueberry and Just pear juice, diluted
            Minds are like parachutes-they ony function when they are open.
            -Thomas DeWar-

ICN Newbie Volunteer

*ICN Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thanks so much yall. Im pregnant and i crave things other than water all the time
              Stacey Cash

Comment

Small amounts of root beer and Dr. Pepper

I just take a few sips at first and wait about 15 minutes. If no reactions occurs, sometimes I drink about 1/2 of a can. That is all that I allow myself for fear of a delayed reaction from too much soda.

Comment

Forgot to add

Milk is wonderful if you are not lactose intolerant.

Comment

I use Lactaid milk because I am Lactose intolerant.It does not cause me any problems.
                    I also have been able to drink 1 cup of decaf coffee a day. In the beginning when I was very strict with the diet,I drank hot honey water because I could not drink coffee. The honey was soothing and gave me that hot drink I was craving.

Comment

Almond milk is great. I feel like its the only thing I can drink besides water. It can help soothe flare ups as well. The unsweetened vanilla kind is what I drink.

Comment

Drinks

Love coconut water (no preservatives), Blue Diamond Almond Milk, Iced Chamomile Tea.
                        Joslyn
                        IC symptoms in May 2011
                        Mild IC dx by Cysto July 2011
                        Symtoms decrease 80% by September 2011!

Tums 100mg
                        fish oil 3-5 grams
                        Probiotic 5 billion
                        Magnesium
                        Bladder Ease
                        Unda Drops
                        Mediclear Plus Protein Shake

Physical Therapy Graduate!
                        Meditation 2x a day
                        Running
                        Castor oil pack
                        Teas (nettle leaf, linden flower, camomile, marshmellow root)

Have tried
                        In office instills (pridium, heprin, lidocain, elmiron)
                        Cystoprotec
                        Desert Harvest Aloe
                        atarax 25 mg
                        Vesicare
                        Lexapro
                        5HTP
                        sanctura

Comment

I drink hot chamomile tea with honey, peppermint tea, and vanilla milkshakes!!!!!!!!!!! Sooo good hahah.
                          28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

Working...
                          X