Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get worse with Cystoprotek...but then better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get worse with Cystoprotek...but then better?

So a couple days ago, I tried my first dose of Cystoprotek. I eased into it, as recommended for people with gastrointestinal issues (I have major GI problems). I took just one gel early in the day and one more later in the day.

With both doses, I felt like my insides were on fire. Not only did my bladder burn but my whole intestinal tract, too! I also had some noticeable acid reflux, which I normally don't get. The second dose I froze for a half hour beforehand, but it didn't make much difference.

I hate to toss such an expensive bottle of pills, and I was seriously hoping this stuff would work. I'm wondering if it's possible that this is one of those treatments that makes you worse before it makes you better. Have any of you found that Cystoprotek made you flare but helped after awhile when you stuck with it? If so, how long did it take for you to experience positive results instead of unpleasant side effects?

I flared when I first started taking CystoProtek. It lasted for about 5 or 6 days for me and then got better. I've been on it for 3 months, just starting my fourth bottle and I haven't flared from it since. I mean, I've had a few other flares but I don't think it was due to the CystoProtek. The first one was, for sure though, because I was being SUPER careful then about what I ate and drank and was really only eating a few things that I knew wouldn't flare me and my frequency went way up within an hour or 2 of taking my first dose. I can't say for sure whether or not your GI issues will go away again after a few days but it might be worth it to wait it out and see. I was discouraged at first, too, but I'm glad I kept taking it. Good luck!
    Diagnosed with IC in April 2011. Medications and IC treatments did not help, diagnosed with PFD in September of 2013. Still searching for answers as to why I have never-ending frequency/urgency issues.

Current medications/treatments:
    Pelvic physical therapy, valium suppositories, b and o suppositories, acupuncture, probiotics, magnesium, epsom salt baths

Previous medications/treatments:
    Elmiron, Hydroxizine, Elavil, VESIcare, Series of rescue instillations using Elmiron, water, lidocaine, & sodium bicarb and self-cathing with instills as needed, D-mannose, Glucosamine, Hyophen (generic Prosed), Colostrum, IC diet, PTNS, chiropractic treatments, Desert Harvest Aloe Vera, CystoProtek

Comment

Working...
    X