No announcement yet.

Physical therapy-Yoga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to tell you...I woke up at 4:00 AM in pain and ****** off. So I did some stretching...( first time in my LIFE Ive been able to touch the floor with palm of my hands in the wee hours of the morning) then I stretched some more, and listened to my "Mr. Rogers tape"...(I sure wish I knew how the damn thing ends) I made it as far as "notice how heat is coming from your hand into your tummy....and now, the heat is going down into your groin and bladder, into those places that need extra attention" First time I 've actually heard and remembered that line and I almost started to giggle (Because that area hasn't had ANY attention except what the PT has put me through) but was suddenly out because Idon't remember anymore. Wierd....I never would have thought I'd be one to fall for that. Must be the way he keeps saying "you are comfortable and safe now". (over , and over, and over....got to be the "key words") Sorry to bore you all, I just find it all very interesting.

Tomorrow is my big day. I certainly hope I don't barf or pee on the doctor before he starts. I'll be mortified. (Frickin' needle paraspinal into the nervebundle....makes it sound like a walk
    in the damn park.) I just want to be done. Maybe I'll be back on line by this time tomorrow so I can whine about it.

eek

Love ya all...wish me luck

Tracey
    I.C. DX'd following my "second hysterectomy" (the remaining ovary, that kept bursting and bleeding 2 years after my hyster/right oompherectomy, was removed in 2003. I was a special ed teacher. I am now very lost, and feeling rather hopeless in my life.

Medications I CURRENTLY take:
    90 mgs Ms contin (45 mgs Am/PM)
    Percocet as needed
    Topomax 100mg day
    Ambien 10 mg bed
    desipramine 25 mgs

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi and good luck Tracey, tomorrow. I am curious about your tape. What is the title, I have one from the network that is for pain relief, curious about yours, sounds like it is really helping you out. Maybe you have mentioned it, and I forgot, forgive me a senior moment, get them occasionally. Take care and good luck hug, Iris. hi grouphug
      Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Iris...

it is one that my counselor made especially for me, based on what he knows about me. (He knows I am very kinestic...i've touched almost everything in his office, and very imaginative) so he is putting together a series of tapes for me based on my "strenghths" . He knows enough not put anything that may be construed by my imagination as bothersome or scary so he uses alot of the words "comfortable, warm, colors...etc.."

Sorry....It is a wonderful tape for me, cause it's custom made.

T
        I.C. DX'd following my "second hysterectomy" (the remaining ovary, that kept bursting and bleeding 2 years after my hyster/right oompherectomy, was removed in 2003. I was a special ed teacher. I am now very lost, and feeling rather hopeless in my life.

Percocet as needed
        Topomax 100mg day
        Ambien 10 mg bed
        desipramine 25 mgs

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Tracy, thanks for letting me know. I am really glad it is helping you out. Take care and hugs Iris. hi grouphug
          Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

I have one of those tapes as well, and felt ridiculous trying to do my relaxing exercises listening to his voice reallllly calm and collected. I giggled when we first began to do it, but I've become pretty accustomed to it. I know what you mean though, it makes you feel silly and he sounds silly!

lmao
            Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Just want to know how all the PFD therapies are?

HEY ALL

Havent heard how your pelvic floor stuff has been going in a while. I'm just curious. I want to know if you guys are doing ok and what success those of you who are doing Yoga are having. I'm learning to control my balance and my breathing and am able to stretch well. It is helping to stretch my bladder and other stuff well, especially as I'm doing tougher stretches and I'm doing it 3 times per day. It actually feels wonderful. after I stretch, I do some stuff on my therapy ball, then some Tai chi...if I'm really motivated I do my bike for about 10 -15 minutes. the only problem I have is fighting with my eight year old over the ball and having to explain to her that I'm not dancing!!!!!(when I do Tai chi) Geez... I'm ready for my afternoon nappy poo. Take care. OHH..I did Acupuncture today...second treatment...I slept all through it...believe before she put 5 needle in. (She always has water sound going, hot rocks on my belly, warm sheets, hooked up needles to a TENS unit etc...) ZZZZZZZZZZZZ......:baby: That's what I slept like.

Talk to you later.

Tracey

Percocet as needed
              Topomax 100mg day
              Ambien 10 mg bed
              desipramine 25 mgs

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X