Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pt/acupucture

Hey T,

Sometimes I do surprise myself when I'm funny!!! Honestly, being single I sure wish I'd get some action down there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, like I said before, my chiropractor does my acupuncture. I lay on my stomach and he applies the needles directly into my belly and down my right leg all the way to my ankle. I'm amazed how much better I feel afterwards. Like you said, relaxation also contributes a great deal.

My parents and my daughter are visiting me this weekend to celebrate my birthday which is next weekend. My daughter attends college and my folks live about 3 hrs. away. I always go visit them and when I told my Mom I couldn't bc I wasn't feeling well enough to drive that distance and also bc when I'm taking medication I simply can't drive. I was totally shocked when she said they would come here. That was after I cried and said I was so hurt etc., bc they always fly to visit my other siblings.

Gotta run,
    J

Comment

Julie...just a question

Hey Julie

How do you lay on your stomach and the accupunturist puts 'em in your belly? Is it an odd contortion you do OR are like, mystical, and can lay on needles....? I'm just trying to picture it!!!!!!!!OW. sounds painful, those suckers hurt. (I'm assuming you boo=booed somewhere in your last e-mail.

OMG my father inlaw has had the TV on with NCAA basket ball all day. I'm glad I have some reading material now. (rest my family is gone until tomorrrow) I'm really glad your family is coming out...I don't think mine would and they only live across town. I'm sorry you're hurting. Maybe a visit with your family will shake away the loneliness.

Have a nicenight.-T:blink:
      I.C. DX'd following my "second hysterectomy" (the remaining ovary, that kept bursting and bleeding 2 years after my hyster/right oompherectomy, was removed in 2003. I was a special ed teacher. I am now very lost, and feeling rather hopeless in my life.

Medications I CURRENTLY take:
      90 mgs Ms contin (45 mgs Am/PM)
      Percocet as needed
      Topomax 100mg day
      Ambien 10 mg bed
      desipramine 25 mgs

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

not stomach!

T,

That shows you what a hurry I was in, of course i don't lay on my stomach! I lay on my back for acuptucture! In fact, when the pain dr. does sacral nerve block he wants me lay on my stomach and I told him no way, no how. He replied they would then have to put me to sleep, when sleeping roll over on stomach and do procedure. He also said more dangerous, more meds and more time. Told him I don't care when I'm sleeping, I just can't lay on my stomach,when I'm awake....period...too painful. His office called fri. and said my ins. doesn't cover the facilities where he does the procedures, and ins. would treat like out of network........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr .told nurse my I just can't do. My deductable for out of network is $1500, I'm already in the hole big time. Hopefully, he can perform at another facility or????Oh gosh, what am I going to do? Just when I think I may get some relief.

Really nice afternoon with my family and dinner too. Of course we don't talk about ic, they just don't accept, etc. If I get procedure I'm just wondering who I can get to drive me.

Anyway, hope your weekend is a nice break with the family gone, except for father in law. Does he like to watch tv like my dad? on the highest volume?

Have a great sunday,
        J

Comment

WHAT?

GeeZ Julie..I wish I could PM you. I'm so sorry you can't get that nerve block done because of laying on your tummy....Is it a fear factor or just complete discomfort in your belly? sometimes I find laying on my belly feels good if there is a pillow and a heating pad under it.

As far as drivingyou goes...You can't get your mom or other family member to drive you? THAT sucks big time. My friend who lives in Clearwater works at one of the hospitals in Tampa (her hubby works at another) Makes me want to call her and ask her to get you and take you to your appointment andhome. Doesn't your family believe you are in such dire straights? Or do they think this is some game you are playing? My folks don't make it over to me because mom is afraid of traffic and dad is losing his eyesight, slowly to Macular degeneration. Stuff is wierd to him, so he doesn't care to drive too often. If I can get to her place, she'll take me to the hospital fromthere (it's only 10 minutes) I have the same drug problem though, I nod off while driving and have nearly gotten into some accidents and I have sworn I willnot hurt anyone else due to my selfish need to drive. Sucks. So I have to get hubs to drive if I can, or father in law, who scares the living crap outta me when he drives. BTW my father in law does watch TV very loud and gets irritated when we all ask him to turn him it down, he's like " but It's already low..." maybe if he could get that hair out of his ears, eh?

oh well, need to take a shower and try to tackle the bathroom before family gets home. I said I'd do it but I don't want to...:p

Take care: Tracey
          I.C. DX'd following my "second hysterectomy" (the remaining ovary, that kept bursting and bleeding 2 years after my hyster/right oompherectomy, was removed in 2003. I was a special ed teacher. I am now very lost, and feeling rather hopeless in my life.

Percocet as needed
          Topomax 100mg day
          Ambien 10 mg bed
          desipramine 25 mgs

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

hey there

T,

Sure do wish we could pm too!!! My Dad is78 and doesn't drive unless he's with my mom. Mom is 68 and scheduled for cataracts surgery 4/13 and like i said before they live 3 hrs. away, so they're out for transportation and tlc. if worse comes to worse i can take a taxi, even if i drive there i my own car and taxi home. i pray to God facility is worked out so procedure can be done at approved facility. I'm sure that will make me really depressed, so i'll call some of my friends from work when the date is firmed up and ask them. i just hate asking anyone for anything, ya know?

I can't lay on my tummy, period. When acupucture i lay on my back and needles go into my belly. Everyone left by 3 and i went right to sleep until 7. it was great seeing my folks, haven't seen since xmas, my daughter was just here last weekend!

did you get your chores done before family arrived?
            my home is just ok, not spotless but neat except for my office which is a disaster.

ok, talk to you later,
            J

Comment

Got a few done...It's 1:00 AM, my tummy hurts something else. I want to sleep but can't ...got to get up in, oh, 5 hours to get kids moving and then go to docs. have some stupid Social Security exam i have to get done. My husband uses this (tracey home) now as a reason to just get up and run to work..I get everyone up. Oh well. Theoretically, I've had the whole weekend to rest. I even updated my IPOD so I have new music on it to listen to. (THe BEST gift my husband has ever given me.)

Good night...I hope you are getting a good one....

Percocet as needed
              Topomax 100mg day
              Ambien 10 mg bed
              desipramine 25 mgs

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X