Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent article on IC/PFD by Dr. Moldwin

http://www.bio-medical.com/news_display.cfm?newsid=47

It has great self care tips. He explains it in such a way that I understand it better. I think.

I apologize if it's been posted before or is already on this site and I missed it.
    8/2007 - My constant bladder pain is now gone due to a surgery where the ilioinguinal and iliohypogastic nerves were cut. I still have IC symptoms but they are improving. It's still early to say, but I believe this solution will work permanently for me.

Symptoms since 2005 - 24/7 abdominal pain, cold sweats, low back pain, vulv, etc.
    Surgeries: Spinal Fusion L4-L5-S1 10/97, Anterior spinal fusion L5-S1 9/05, Lap for Cysts, Endo 9/06, Hysterectomy kept cervix 12/06
    Meds: Morphine, Neurontin, Valium, Hydroxyzine, Vivelle Estrogen, Thyroid,
    Exercise & PT: All at least 4 times a week
    Whirlpool baths, Moist heat, Treadmill, Stretching, Trigger point, Yoga Positions; Ab & Pelvic Massage

I think I read this article when I was going to my therapy. Really great article. I think it's essential to have a good understanding of how IC & PFD are related if people want to control IC flare.
    Aya

IC Diagnosed in September, 2005

My conditions are : IC, PFD, Allergies, and Constipation

"It's not easy being grateful all the time. But it's when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you."

— Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hey Thank you for posting that article, It was very interesting..I think that is part of my problem!
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thanks leelee! Same here, I think my PFD is worse than my IC. I've read his book but that article explained it better. I've read that article about three times and find something I missed earlier each time.

I'm trying to follow what he recommends in it. Are you doing any of the PT, relaxation, trigger point or baths that he suggests?
        8/2007 - My constant bladder pain is now gone due to a surgery where the ilioinguinal and iliohypogastic nerves were cut. I still have IC symptoms but they are improving. It's still early to say, but I believe this solution will work permanently for me.

Symptoms since 2005 - 24/7 abdominal pain, cold sweats, low back pain, vulv, etc.
        Surgeries: Spinal Fusion L4-L5-S1 10/97, Anterior spinal fusion L5-S1 9/05, Lap for Cysts, Endo 9/06, Hysterectomy kept cervix 12/06
        Whirlpool baths, Moist heat, Treadmill, Stretching, Trigger point, Yoga Positions; Ab & Pelvic Massage

Comment

Thanks

Great article, enjoyed it and copied it and brought it to my Uro.
          Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
          Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

excellent article. Thanks for sharing it!
            hugs,
            Janie

Comment

Hi Janie Miranda, do you mind me asking what put you in remission? Did you have PFD therapy? Do you think your TENS just put a band aid on pain, or did it help solve your problem?

Or, was it a combination of meds and diet and PT?

Comment

Working...
              X