Anyone do the stim thing for pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone do the stim thing for pain?

Carolyn my PT wants to wait yet on trying this. She said I have too much pain down there and she is afraid it would cause more pain. I was wondering if anyone did try this and what it was like? Like painful and did it help? She said the probe is a little bit bigger then a tampon but I'm afraid the fibration in there might cause more pain.

If you are talking about the probe electrode stimulator thingy, it may actually help with the pain. It actually numbs some of the muscles allowing them to relax. When I used it it didn't really help my IC pain but it did help with the pelvic floor muscle tension and pain. It's a little wider than a tampon but it doesn't go up as far so it doesn't hurt. It can be annoying to use, first you have to find "alone time" for 15 minutes, then you have to use lubricant, but if you use too much it will come flying out. My PT told me to just use it for as long as I could and to take it out if I became uncomfortable whether the 15 minutes was up or not. I hope this helps.
    Cindy
    I was born with one ureta not attached to it's kidney, I've been poked and prodded for so long. I never had "private" parts. I had constant infections and took low dose preventive antibiotics into my teens.

DX with IC July 1993 after seeing 3 different Uro's and finally switching Primary care doctors and affiliated hospitals.

I have 2 beautiful daughters, the oldest has been in heaven since she was 14 when she was hit by a car The youngest is 20 now. She has had one UTI. She went into complete panic that she would end up like me. Now she has some idea of what the pain is like. Poor kid has been forced to know where every bathroom in Disney World is.

Comment

Thanks, yes that is what she was talking about. Glad to know it doesn't go all the way in. Was so of worrying about that but now I don't have to. Thanks again.

Comment

I too, have used it and love it! It is a little uncomfortable at first, and you can adjust the speed to your liking, but it fatigues the muscles and stops spasm for a little bit. I love it. If you can, you should try it. Good luck!
        IC since 1997

I couldn't make it without my husband- He IS the greatest!!!

I try to believe that God wouldn't give me anything more than what he knows I can handle

Comment

whew, I was thinking you were talking about the interstim.

hope you have sucess..
          'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Sorry, Tiger Gal I should have worded it differently. Never thought of the interstim as the stim thing.

Comment

I think it is called a probe, or something like that. Words I just can't say. I always called it my vaginal electrocution machine and when I had to use it I would lock my door so that I could electrocute my vagina. It seemed like a funny way to put it and that kinda lightened it up for me.
              Hey whatever it takes!
              I was born with one ureta not attached to it's kidney, I've been poked and prodded for so long. I never had "private" parts. I had constant infections and took low dose preventive antibiotics into my teens.

DX with IC July 1993 after seeing 3 different Uro's and finally switching Primary care doctors and affiliated hospitals.

I have 2 beautiful daughters, the oldest has been in heaven since she was 14 when she was hit by a car The youngest is 20 now. She has had one UTI. She went into complete panic that she would end up like me. Now she has some idea of what the pain is like. Poor kid has been forced to know where every bathroom in Disney World is.

Comment

Working...
              X