anyone flare worse from therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jen, the symptoms of PT vary from person to person

My symptoms were slow urine stream, inability to get a gyn exam, vulva burning, vestibulitis, inability to walk, had to shuffle my feet to walk.

My PT told me on the first appt that PT would not help my damaged bladder lining, but it might help with my other symptoms.

Did your Dr do an internal and evaluate the pelvic floor muscles?

its amazing before i went to PT today.....i was feeling sick , pelvic pain, and now i feel better. Pelvis was out of alignment, i can really tell when it is in alignment, no burning urination and i feel close to normal.

Lyme disease diagnosed 11/05
    vulvar vestibulitis diagnosed 2/06 -worst case she has ever seen..very bad.
    IC diagnosed with hydro/cysto- may 17, 2006

Over growth of lactobicilli found 8/07 treating with doxy.

Was able to get my first internal exam evaluation for PFD....wohoo 1/18/07:woohoo:

8/22/07- was able to get my first speculum exam, with pap

Strep D found in bladder with United medical labs May 2006
    2 strains of strep in stool culture 9/06
    high Strep ASO titre found 10/06

NEW MED

Capsasin cream-once a day for 20min,
    BUt wont lie it does burn

About to start valium supositories for PFD

Trigger point injections- oct 07

Current meds:
    Neurontin- 100mg at night supposed to work up to 300mg if i can tolerate it
    Zanaflex 2mg
    IC and low oxalate diet, no sugar diet
    Xanax for appointments to help relax me since they cause so much pain

Started PT 3/07, PT has really helped me in ways I never knew that it would

Meds ive tried
    Lyrica
    Klonopin
    Singulair
    Claritin
    Pyridium
    Soma- can barely tolerate half a pill
    Atropine cream- didnt seem to work, although i found out I was applying the creams wrong
    Estradiol cream
    Urelle- caused worse bladder spasm and retention

Various antibiotics for lyme which caused yeast and made the IC and VV worse

waiting for the next chronic illness to pop up

"Did you know?
    Every 15 seconds,
    a person is
    diagnosed with
    interstitial cystitis."
    Source: J. Dimitrakov, MD

Comment

THANK YOU! THANK YOU ALL!
      The exercise I do is just stretches, no kegels. I am getting more sharp stapping pain now then I did before and the ache pain is worse. I will keep with it and just try to deal. thank you!
      mom to 3 wonderful kids

IC symptoms 7/03,
      hysterectomy 11/04,
      prolapse cervix 7/07
      diagnosed: IC 2007
      IBS 2008

Comment

Hi mich2604,
        Yes, the urogyne did do a pelvic to check my pelvic floor muscles, and I did have some pain, but my gyne that I have been seeing for years said that this was due to my endometriosis.
        The urogyne said he was suprsied when he did the pelvic as he expected me to have more pain. I did have pain, but I did not jump off the table or anything.
        Now, vulva vestibulitis is not related to PFD from what I was told. These are two different issues totally. With my VV, I get actually red inflammed skin in my vulva, you can actually see it is irritated,, so this is an actual skin irritation.
        It is interesting how you felt better after the PT though as far as the burning. I dont get any burning while I pee, just that I have a burning sensation in my bladder all the time usually, except for a few days in between I sometimes feel less pain, usually after an instill.
        I have no issues with pain while walking and such. I do have a slower urine stream, but this is usually in the morning or middle of the night after I have held my pee for a while. And I was told that the slow urine stream was because my bladder is swollen which makes sense I guess.
        I am interested in the PT, but am very reluctant to do the internal as I am very prone to vaginal infections, and to be honest, I got bacterial vaginosis right after having had pelvic exams a couple months ago. Also, I am allergic to almost all the meds that treat BV, so I dont want to get it again. Any suggestions? I have a discharge now, and I am suppose to go to PT this Thursday and am not sure if I will go or not. I may wait and see my gyne first and see what she says.
        Jen

Comment

Working...
        X