Any problems with taking Colace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any problems with taking Colace?

I have been trying out colace (for IC/PFD) and a couple of times got severe back and stomach pain, it was the worse pain ever! I am thinking it must have been from the colace? That would be too bad as it was helping me and more so than the fibre supps. All these pills and supps to keep me regular are new to me. I am now back to the fibre supps again.

What I found helpful with the Colace was to only take it with my meals. It works better that way & I did not have any side effects from it. I did though, find that Metamucil Clear & Natural was more effective for me. Hope you find something that helps, constipation makes bladder pressure so much worse!
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Thanks Kadi, I just bought some Metamucil pills...you have to take 5 at a time and I find, a little hard to get down...is the Metamucil Clear & Natural a powder? I think I may have seen it and now am I thinking that I would prefer the powder over the pills.

Comment

Are you taking Colace (stool softener) or Peri-Colace (stimulant laxative/softener)? If youre taking Peri-Colace stop taking it and switch to Colace and see if that works w/o the added stomach pains.
        (\__/)
        (o.O )
        (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

I was taking the Colace stool softener...I think I might try it again because it helped and was easy to take...but if I get those pains again, then that will be it. I find that only taking fibre supps doesn't do anything for me but then again I don't take them to the allowed daily max...5 pills 3 times a day or even the powder, 3 times a day, when most days I really try hard and do get my max fibre in me with what I eat. It's frustrating as I am doing this because my Uro said you must take something everyday with IC and I just can't seem to find anything working for me...

Comment

Working...
          X