No announcement yet.

Looking for a PT

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for a PT

    I have had PT for my PFD twice since 2002 when I was diagnosed with IC. First in Arkansas when we lived there and then in Dallas when we lived there. We moved to Oklahoma a year ago and am needing a PT here. I can't find anyone who even knows what I am talking about.

    Anyone n Oklahoma have a PT they can recommend. Preferable in the Oklahoma City or Tulsa areas or north but I am open too.

    Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

    DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
    Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
    Interstim replacement June 2011
    Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
    Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

  • #2
    I don't know of anyone (because I'm from TX and currently in WA.. we do a lot of moving, too.. stupid navy lol), but I hope you find someone soon! My insurance set me up with an ortho PT when I specifically told the doc it was pelvic pain. They approved me for stuff like whirlpool and traction. What the heck?

    So when I called them, the ins. ppl said I would have to call around to find someone who does women's health because they only know who does PT, not what kind. Made me mad. It's their job, not mine. So I ran into the same thing as you. I called everyone on Whidbey Island that takes Tricare, and they all said What? Huh? Never heard of it. I even asked one receptionist if they did women's health and he said "We only do physical therapy here." LOL! Ugh! Hope you find someone soon!