trigger point injections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trigger point injections?

I am currently trying trigger point injections to avoid surgery.. Anyone else tried this? So far I am seeing good results, although the bruises are very tender afterwards.

Trigger Points

I had some injections into the pelvic floor muscles (vaginally) a few weeks ago. The injections helped a lot. The procedure was very painful.
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis, IC, PID, PCS, PFD, PN/PNE, VV, fibro, Pelvic Adhesions, DDD, Hysterectomy at a young age. Unable to take estrogen, causes pain—extremely bad pain.

Thankful: For all the support and comfort I receive on this site.

Comment

I had trigger point injections done in my stomach and pelvic area and back and they helped temporarily but not long term. Getting them done hurt like a bit** and it burned really bad.. I wouldnt recommend them to anyone... very costly.
      Diagnosis: IC '09, vulvodynia '10, fructose intolerance '06, GERD '06, fibromyalgia '09, IBS '10 and TMJ '09, PCOS '11, genital herpes '12

Current Meds: Butrans patch, welbutrin, lamictol, geodon, xanax, aldactone, linzess, topimax, trazadone and diflucan as needed.

Meds tried before: Elmiron, elavil, antibiotics, welbutrin, cymbalta, prozac, nerve blocks, instills, nyastatin, flexerol, percocet, naproxen (which was what I was given for pain for years).

Comment

i just got done w several rounds of pelvic floor injections a month apart. very painful but before i was cathing several times a day and now dont have to cath at all. along w pt it has helped my pain but still have a lot of pain and in pm . hope that helps
        callie

Comment

I had some done vaginally as well....pain! For me I didn't really see much results from them. I think my pelvic floor was so tight at the time they just couldn't do much good. I have found a lot of relief using vaginal valium suppositories nightly for my PFD.

I do remember being very tender afterwards too. I hope you find relief from them.

Sandra
          Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
          http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
          Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
          http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

Trigger Points

just1ofamillion

I'm glad the injections are working for you. I have found that you have to try a lot of treatments to see which one will be a good tool to keep in your IC tool box. I have tried this and that. I wish you the best. What I did notice that I failed to mention in my earlier post is that a few minutes after the injections I realized what it felt to be free of pain in the sights that were injected. Wow, it has been awhile. I also realized how much pain I stay in all the time. Unfortunately there is a limit on how much you can inject at one time. Where are your trigger points? How often are you getting the injections? My doctor stated that some of his patients have the injections on a weekly basis. My hat is off to them.

I drive a ways to my doctors office. By the time I was home the effect was waring off but my muscles have been loser and I am able to tolerate my physical thearpy, and my symptoms associated with Pudendal nerve entrapment is better. I still feel sore internally.
            Diagnosis: Endometriosis, IC, PID, PCS, PFD, PN/PNE, VV, fibro, Pelvic Adhesions, DDD, Hysterectomy at a young age. Unable to take estrogen, causes pain—extremely bad pain.

Thankful: For all the support and comfort I receive on this site.

Comment

so far they have been around my hip area (my soas muscles). I've been getting them done once every two weeks. And yes, it is amazing to feel pain free while you're still numbed up! I have to say, since this second one (Tuesday) my pain has probably decreased by 60%.

Comment

Sailawaygrl. Where do u get your vaginal Valium suppositories. I have asked several drs to try them but no one will prescribe them for me. My current pm dr doesn't believe in them or pelvic pain the tp injections worked for me but always wear off now he says i don't need them anymore that pt should do the rest to relax my pelvic floor muscles I just want to try them to see if they work I'm up all night w spasms so I get no sleep any ideas
                Callie

Comment

I got mine from my local Walgreens. If you go on their web site you can search for locations that do compounding. I got mine for around $35, they are 5mg which is a low starter dose. I personally didn't really notice much of a difference when using them. My main problem is on my period so I am waiting for that to come and will see if it helps. My PPT says my pelvic floor is pretty good but might be spasming only during my period. Some good excercises to relax your pelvic floor are to lay on your back on the floor and pull your knees up to your ears - hold that for a minute or two. Still laying on the ground you can lay on your back, bend your knees and then let them drop to the sides so it looks like you are cross legged laying on your back, try to sort of touch the bottoms of your feet together. I also sit on the couch with the bottoms of my feet touching as another stretch to relax the pelvic floor. I have found advil works for me as well.
                  Hope some of these tips get you some relief! PPT just started for me, only went 2x but am going weekly so we'll see. Give it a try, I know it works well for alot of people!

Comment

I would like to know what dr prescribed them for you pm dr or a urologist etc. I think once I got ex I could find them here in my hometown as we have several compounding pharmacies. Thanks for all the info any ideas are helpful to me
                    Callie

Comment

My pelvic pain doctor gave me the prescription.

Comment

thanks endogirl. my pm doc does not believe in pelvic pain and the dr i go to for the trigger point injections hesitates to prescribe them. maybe its time for a new pm dr but that means i would have to commute an hour and a half away to indy like i do for the tp injections and my pt every week.
                        callie

Comment

Well, it's you body. Why can't you just tell him that you have read alot of success stories and you want to try it to see if it works for you. There is no harm in trying a method of treatment and I don't see why he'd put up a fight. I guess if he does, then it might be time to switch. I know you can use the valium pills vaginally as well. For me, I figure with my endo pain it's bad enough and fumbling around to get a pill up there during that time of the month wouldn't be good so I asked for the suppository instead. I have to say, it DIDN"T work for me when I wasn't having a period. My PP dr. said it MIGHT work during my period ( which just started today ) so we'll see. Usually day 2 is my worst where I get the trouble with passing urine so we'll see.

Comment

endogirl i did try the vaginal valium pill but it did absolutely nothing for me so thats why i want to try the supposotories. my current pm dr is pretty stubborn about his views on pelvic pain. obviously hes never had pain down there lol. i wish i could convince him to try them , the dr that does the tp injections is reluctant to let me try them too. maybe have to change drs.thanks again
                            callie

Comment

I don't know much about using the pill vs. the suppository. My guess would be that if 1 didn't work that the other wouldn't either. I have to say, when I used mine I didn't notice any difference. I just got back from PPT and I'm having a period so I put 2 up there right now but honestly, I'm not going to be shocked if it doesn't help.

Comment

Working...
                              X