started Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy

I just started pelvic floor PT. It is very painful during the sessions. I am hoping it is going to be helpful for the nerve pain and burning. I am going to have 2 sessions a week. So far the feeling that I am sitting on a baseball has let up. that is a painful feeling. Thank God there is help for the tightness in my pelvic floor

Sue

Hi, Sue ~ So glad you're getting help. I forgot I had that baseball feeling too, but mine is gone a long time now!!!

Best wishes that you continue to feel better each day!
    Never heard of IC til suspected....Never knew so many suffer from it. Praying for a cure. I've found answers...so can you...keep the hope.

11/2007 IC Symptoms began during recovery of surgery for bladder susp & hysto: painful/urge/freq urination up to 50 times a day, pain walking, even water hurts.
    8/2009 Susp IC; 1/2010 Treatment began; 2/2010 Diag PFD, PT, Surg remove mesh; 5/2010 Surg, 2nd bladder repair, vag vault/sm int prolapse repair, IC confirmed in surg; 7/2010 Diag Candida Esophagitis, Gastritis, Diviticulosis, Gallstones,
    8/2010 Surg gallbladder
    TREATMENTS (updated 4/15)
    IC Diet since 8/2009 (Able to vary 4/15)
    Heparin/Lidocaine/Bicarb/Kenalog Instills 1xDay
    Aloe Vera Capsules, (2) 2xDay, Loratadine 1xDay
    Pantoprazole, Prelief, Pyridium up to 3xDay, Premarin Cream 3xWeek
    *DISCONTINUED since feeling better: Celexa 10mg daily*, Fiber supp*,
    Gabapentin 12/2011 worked well *, Macrodantin 100mg after instill*, Probiotics*, PT-PFD*, Valium Vag Suppositories: Cyclo/diaz/lido, 10/5/62.5mg *
    PROB MEDS: Elavil, up to 50mg 1/2011 ret&hbp, Urelle ret, Vesicare ret

Comment

Thanks for the encouragemnt. How long did you have to go for PT before you got relief? Everything takes so long to see if it works.

Sue

Comment

Hi, Again, Sue!!! I've actually been through PT a few times. The first time the therapist focused on strengthening my pelvic floor quickly because I was having my bladder suspension surgery (3 months after having the mesh from my first suspension removed because I was in such horrible pain). That helped that "sitting on a ball" feeling I had. She gave me a tennis ball cut in 1/2 to sit on and gently rock back and forth over that super tender spot. She focused on external and also did biofeedback which my PA wasn't thrilled because of the spasms. This lasted about about 2 weeks believe and then restarted after the surgery healed.

I did another round of therapy but again she focused more on the external with biofeedback. (once again my PA wasn't too thrilled)

Later after the surgery to repair things again, I went through more core strengthening with a new therapist, but seemed to get worse with the spasms internally so we started again but focused on that. As soon as my therapist found the trigger points she could put pressure on those areas until the muscles relaxed. Then when she touched it, it wasn't that sore. My PA recommends an instillation immediately following the PT due to any discomfort because of it. I did find a good amount of relief during those 8 weeks of going 2xWeek, but then had to stop because my Mom ended up in the hospital.

Started PT once again for about 8 more weeks and saw great progress, internal with external. Unable to go to my last appt because my Mom went into the hospital again for 3 weeks.

Here I am a month or so later in total spasms again so much that I just can't "pee" at times and am retaining up to 300cc's. Back to instills again and I'm waiting to get scheduled for the PT. Doing instills though and the Valium suppositories, up to 2xDaily are a definite help. I remember reading about all these treatments, meds, etc. ladies were going through when I was first directed to the ICN/ICA, and I never dreamed I, myself, would be going through what I thought was such bazaar things. I am finding that if I follow everything my doc/PA recommend that my symptoms are manageable and my life is once again somewhat normal. Of course the IC Diet was a real "kick start" in getting back to having a life once again other than just bathroom time, bladder chat 24/7 and pain all the time.

I can smile once again rather than be in tears all day. I can once again go places I never thought I would be able to go. I have a life again....a bit different that a few years ago, but a life I can enjoy and know that when things get out of hand every so often, I will see that light at the end of the tunnel again.

Prayers that things work as well for you. Keep us posted.
        Never heard of IC til suspected....Never knew so many suffer from it. Praying for a cure. I've found answers...so can you...keep the hope.

11/2007 IC Symptoms began during recovery of surgery for bladder susp & hysto: painful/urge/freq urination up to 50 times a day, pain walking, even water hurts.
        8/2009 Susp IC; 1/2010 Treatment began; 2/2010 Diag PFD, PT, Surg remove mesh; 5/2010 Surg, 2nd bladder repair, vag vault/sm int prolapse repair, IC confirmed in surg; 7/2010 Diag Candida Esophagitis, Gastritis, Diviticulosis, Gallstones,
        8/2010 Surg gallbladder
        Gabapentin 12/2011 worked well *, Macrodantin 100mg after instill*, Probiotics*, PT-PFD*, Valium Vag Suppositories: Cyclo/diaz/lido, 10/5/62.5mg *

Comment

I think the PT is helping but will probably not be fast. I notice I have a little more control over the pelvic floor tightness. the burning in the muscles not so much. I am like you Nana and never dreamed I would be doing the things I am doing. I wish so much that nobody would ever have to go through this.
          All of the internal PT is new to me and she is certainly hitting some trigger points. also working on my hip joints.
          what did the rocking on the half a tennis ball do?

Sue

Comment

Hi, Sue ~ Glad you're seeing some results from your PT. The tennis ball helped to loosen that knot I had in my "butt cheek" that felt like I was sitting on a hard ball. I've really come a long way in the last year and 8 months. I no longer worry about public restrooms as much. My daughters remember every 5-10 minutes I'd be looking for somewhere to "go". I knew every bathroom in the stores. I got to the point where I didn't want to go anywhere because the pain would get so intense if the restroom wasn't available. I still have that once in a while, but like last week, my PA said I was back to those severe spasms so back to PT.

Keep your chin up, I'm glad it seems like you have a great therapist. Hope your hips help with keeping all your muscles. It's good that she noticed that.

Take care....Blessings,
            Ginger

8/2010 Surg gallbladder

Comment

Well I was ready to go for a third PT session this morning when Cleveland Clinic called and told me that the PT department is not on my insurance. I called Blue cross blue shield and they told me they are contracted out to a company called theramatrix and Cleveland does not have a contract with them. I am very upset as this means an even bigger delay and I was feeling some help. And we live in the country and doubt if anyone near us does the pelvic floor stuff. I was losing hope then got hope and now it looks like I am back where I started.
              Thanks for letting me blow off steam, this is hard enough without the insurance playing games with us.

Sue

Comment

Working...
              X