Should I go for it? Bladder Removal Laparscopically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I go for it? Bladder Removal Laparscopically

Hi Miss M, I like the interstim. The hardest day was the first day of the trial phase. I think a week trial is long enough. It is a hassle to have wires in your back! My trial was 3 weeks because it was a holiday the Monday after 2 weeks and Dr. Comiter does surgeries on Mondays. I was going back and forth even the weekend before trying to decide. It is helping with urgency & frequency a lot, although I have had a couple episodes of urgency with the stim. It's better overall. I do still need painkiller though.
    I was with another urologist who didn't do interstims before. Honestly, I finances held me back for many years from getting an interstim. I went to Comiter actually wanting a cystecomy and this was what came out of it. He has done about 18. He said only one person came out of it worse off. He also said be prepared for the fact you might have to cath afterwards permanently. There is a chance of that. That freaks me out a bit although I told him is it took away my pain I would be okay with that. I am not sure if I would go for it in the future but for now things are improved with the stim. I did not need a referral.

Comment

Re: Should I go for it? Bladder Removal Laparscopically

Originally posted by ABliske View Post
      Hi Miss M, I like the interstim. The hardest day was the first day of the trial phase. I think a week trial is long enough. It is a hassle to have wires in your back! My trial was 3 weeks because it was a holiday the Monday after 2 weeks and Dr. Comiter does surgeries on Mondays. I was going back and forth even the weekend before trying to decide. It is helping with urgency & frequency a lot, although I have had a couple episodes of urgency with the stim. It's better overall. I do still need painkiller though.
      I was with another urologist who didn't do interstims before. Honestly, I finances held me back for many years from getting an interstim. I went to Comiter actually wanting a cystecomy and this was what came out of it. He has done about 18. He said only one person came out of it worse off. He also said be prepared for the fact you might have to cath afterwards permanently. There is a chance of that. That freaks me out a bit although I told him is it took away my pain I would be okay with that. I am not sure if I would go for it in the future but for now things are improved with the stim. I did not need a referral.
      Thank you for the info! May I ask what pain medicine you use? Nothing has helped me I'm going to go through either a pump trial or pain stim trial before inquiring about a cystectomy. Was Dr. Comiter welcoming about it or put off by it? Does he make you re-try things before the surgery? Is he a nice guy?

Thank you for taking the time to talk
      Health Issues
      IC - Symptoms started June 2014. Official diagnosis on October 2, 2014.
      Doctors believe this was triggered by Accutane which I took from March 2014-July 2014
      Symptoms:
      I don't have flares, constant bladder filling pain, tenderness of urethra & bladder, and suprapubic pain since Sept 2014.

Failed
      Norco, Nucynta, Neurontin-300-2,700mgs, Elavil-10-50 mgs, Lexapro, Klonopin, DH Aloe, Cystoprotek, Heparin & Elmiron Instills, 6 months Pelvic Floor Therapy, Hydroxyzine 75mgs, Singulair 10mg, Lyrica 600mg, Effexor, Elmiron 300mgs, Flomax, Myrbetrique, PTNS, TENS, MMJ, Nerve Block, Every diet & herb out there! Pain Pump Fail 1/2/17

WHATS LEFT!? - Pain Stim trial, Interstim, Hydrodistention, Botox, CyA and finally bladder removal.
      Follow me on my IC Journey: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGr...BRg2Xf495n_q6w

Comment

Working...
      X