Upcoming Pelvic Floor Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Pelvic Floor Repair

Has anyone had a good experience following a pelvic floor repair? Mine will be for cyctocele, rectocele and for drooping urethra. Also in the plan is a vaginal hysterectomy. My only symptom is feeling like I have to pee all the time. Little relief from that sensation. I do have Hunners ulcers and and am very careful with my diet. I have been lucky with the pain part and have had sucessful treatment of my PFD which contributes much to my symptoms. I have only heard bad things and would like to hear of any good expiences. Okay, I'll listen to the less good ones, also. I just don't want to be worse off than I am now. Thanks. Ratchada

my mom had this done many years ago, she too has IC, she said it had helped her a great deal. I hope this is of some help. Good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I had a TVH and A&P repair four years ago, and the Monarc Hammock (urethral sling) placed 3.5 years ago. I'm not sure exactly what information you're looking for; I will say though that it didnt help the IC at all. At the time, I had been dealing with bladder symptoms for 6 months and the Dr thought that prolapse was the cause hence suggesting the hysterctomy and repairs. Unfortunately I woke from the surgery with no relief. It wasnt until May 2006 that I was officially dx with IC.

Wishing you an uneventful surgery and recovery.
      Diana
      (\__/)
      (o.O )
      (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

i will (eventually grrr) be going in for rectocele/rectal prolapse and possible bladder lifting soon. just have to find a GOOD doc since my urogyn has all but abandoned me. what kind of doc doesn't at least CALL you back as a professional courtesy and say 'i got the test results'?? if she doesn't want to/can't do the surgery FINE but at least give me a call! grrrrrrrrr.

anyHOOOOO...like i said i'll be having some pelvic surgery soon. pm/email me if you'd like!

tracy
        (Added by ICNMgrJill on 5/19/08. I am sad to share that Verdicries (aka Tracy) lost her life in a tragic accident just a few days ago. We will miss her support, her encouragement, her sense of humor and, of course, the joy that she found as a mother and wife).

Tracy ~ 29 years old with Toxoplasmosis (from birth), Fibro/CFS (since age 13...ouch), severe IC, IBS-D, severe PFD (surgery made it even worse), vulvodynia, hiatal hernia, GERD, ulcers, severe gastritis, numbness/tingling in extremeties, pelvic nerve damage--mainly urethral, urinary retention, pelvic reconstruction 7.10.07 (fixed rectocele, rectal prolapse, lifted bladder, urethra, uterus, and repaired vaginal walls), Raynaud's, 2 severely herniated discs in neck and one in low back, anemia, PCOS, anxiety/depression/panic attacks (since forever). Still having major bowel problems (inability to empty rectum...any ideas?? ).

I'd like to be on House, MD as a medical mystery.

Married to Craig, a saint amongst men...who puts up with me and my eccentricities...

Connor & Mommy by the tree:

Connor with Santa...so happy!

I take: LIQUID Atarax, Flomax, Soma (yet again), acidophilus, Glucosamine/Chondroitin with MSM & collagen, d-mannose. MAJOR flare from Cystoprotek! Re-trying freeze dried aloe vera w/some decent results!

Tried and failed: Elavil, Ultram, Prosed DS, Benadryl, Bentyl, Valium, Ativan, Zanaflex, Librax, Sanctura (all caused retention among other things), bladder instills (owwwwww!), Elmiron (allergic-throat tightening). Failed Interstim-no feeling in sacral nerves...

I'm allergic to penicillan, sulfa, reglan, quinolones, clindamycin, and now LATEX!

Comment

Originally posted by verdicries View Post
          i will (eventually grrr) be going in for rectocele/rectal prolapse and possible bladder lifting soon. just have to find a GOOD doc since my urogyn has all but abandoned me. what kind of doc doesn't at least CALL you back as a professional courtesy and say 'i got the test results'?? if she doesn't want to/can't do the surgery FINE but at least give me a call! grrrrrrrrr.

anyHOOOOO...like i said i'll be having some pelvic surgery soon. pm/email me if you'd like!

tracy
          Tracy - Have you decided on a surgeon and /or do you have a date? My surgery isn't until August 2. Ratchada

Comment

hi,
            my surgery is july 10th. i'm scared but want it over with since recovery is sooooooooo long.
            (Added by ICNMgrJill on 5/19/08. I am sad to share that Verdicries (aka Tracy) lost her life in a tragic accident just a few days ago. We will miss her support, her encouragement, her sense of humor and, of course, the joy that she found as a mother and wife).

Tracy ~ 29 years old with Toxoplasmosis (from birth), Fibro/CFS (since age 13...ouch), severe IC, IBS-D, severe PFD (surgery made it even worse), vulvodynia, hiatal hernia, GERD, ulcers, severe gastritis, numbness/tingling in extremeties, pelvic nerve damage--mainly urethral, urinary retention, pelvic reconstruction 7.10.07 (fixed rectocele, rectal prolapse, lifted bladder, urethra, uterus, and repaired vaginal walls), Raynaud's, 2 severely herniated discs in neck and one in low back, anemia, PCOS, anxiety/depression/panic attacks (since forever). Still having major bowel problems (inability to empty rectum...any ideas?? ).

I'd like to be on House, MD as a medical mystery.

Married to Craig, a saint amongst men...who puts up with me and my eccentricities...

Connor & Mommy by the tree:

Connor with Santa...so happy!

I take: LIQUID Atarax, Flomax, Soma (yet again), acidophilus, Glucosamine/Chondroitin with MSM & collagen, d-mannose. MAJOR flare from Cystoprotek! Re-trying freeze dried aloe vera w/some decent results!

Tried and failed: Elavil, Ultram, Prosed DS, Benadryl, Bentyl, Valium, Ativan, Zanaflex, Librax, Sanctura (all caused retention among other things), bladder instills (owwwwww!), Elmiron (allergic-throat tightening). Failed Interstim-no feeling in sacral nerves...

I'm allergic to penicillan, sulfa, reglan, quinolones, clindamycin, and now LATEX!

Comment

Working...
            X