scheduled for bladder removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scheduled for bladder removal

I'm scheduled to have my bladder removed and to receive an Indiana pouch next month. Has anyone had this type of diversion done? If so could you please give me some insight?

HI, shelleytn80 ~ I don't have any experience with your situation, but wanted to offer my prayers for you, your surgical team, hospital, and your recovery.

Take care and please keep in touch as you can.
    Never heard of IC til suspected....Never knew so many suffer from it. Praying for a cure. I've found answers...so can you...keep the hope.

11/2007 IC Symptoms began during recovery of surgery for bladder susp & hysto: painful/urge/freq urination up to 50 times a day, pain walking, even water hurts.
    8/2009 Susp IC; 1/2010 Treatment began; 2/2010 Diag PFD, PT, Surg remove mesh; 5/2010 Surg, 2nd bladder repair, vag vault/sm int prolapse repair, IC confirmed in surg; 7/2010 Diag Candida Esophagitis, Gastritis, Diviticulosis, Gallstones,
    8/2010 Surg gallbladder
    TREATMENTS (updated 4/15)
    IC Diet since 8/2009 (Able to vary 4/15)
    Heparin/Lidocaine/Bicarb/Kenalog Instills 1xDay
    Aloe Vera Capsules, (2) 2xDay, Loratadine 1xDay
    Pantoprazole, Prelief, Pyridium up to 3xDay, Premarin Cream 3xWeek
    *DISCONTINUED since feeling better: Celexa 10mg daily*, Fiber supp*,
    Gabapentin 12/2011 worked well *, Macrodantin 100mg after instill*, Probiotics*, PT-PFD*, Valium Vag Suppositories: Cyclo/diaz/lido, 10/5/62.5mg *
    PROB MEDS: Elavil, up to 50mg 1/2011 ret&hbp, Urelle ret, Vesicare ret

Comment

I don't have any experience, either. Just wanted to acknowledge your post and wish you the best of luck. I'm sure it was a long and difficult road to get to this step.

Conditions:
      IBS 4/04; IC 8/05; Vitamin B-12 Deficiency 7/06; Asthma 9/06; Citrus, MSG, Sulfate/Sulfite, Nitrate/Nitrite, Sodium Benzoate Allergy diagnosed 9/06; Fibromyalgia 6/07; Pelvic Floor disfunction 2007; Hysterectomy 10/08; Fallopian Tube Cyst removed 5/10; Chronic Diarrhea since 12/10 ; Ulcerative Colitis 4/12

Medications
      Elmiron 3x day
      Trazadone at bedtime
      Tramadol as needed for pain
      Monthly B-12 injections
      Continuous Birth Control (even though I had a hyst, to control cysts)
      heating pad, hot epsom salt baths, strict IC diet
      Interstim implant 9/11
      Ulcerative Colitis Meds - Remicade, Azathioprine, Lialda, prednisone several times a year

Failed Bladder Treatments
      Lyrica, Elavil, Detrol, Detrol LA, Ditropan, Sanctura, Flomax, Prelief, Pyridium & Urelle (allergic!), Lidoderm patches, long term antibiotics - Macrobid and others, instillations (ouch!), CystaQ, pelvic floor therapy, fulguration, bladder injections, bladder stretching

Comment

Best of luck to you! I just wanted to see if there was any positive feedback about the surgery. I wish I could have my bladder out with no other complications. Hope it helps!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Shelley, as you know it is BIG surgery, but after the recovery process is over and the pouch has been trained most likely you will be happy with the results. I can tell you that the recovery process takes time- lots of it, you will need to be patient it is not an immeadiate cure in that over night you are good to go. IN some ways you will notice some differences, but others will take time.

Comment

Working...
          X