prolapse surgery recover questions - what to expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prolapse surgery recover questions - what to expect

I have a stage three prolapse (complete bulge including my cervix outside my body on straining ) whic I can "tuck " back inside once completed with toileting. It has become evident that this is going nowhere good and I need a repair. My urologist doctor has suggested a few options pending the opinion of his associate urogyn e OR. He is of the opinion that if we do a vaginal repair he would opt for the "old school" approach, avoiding the use of mesh. He suggested I need a repair of my recto ans cystocele, and my uterus may have to go as well. The other possibility is to go in abdominal ly and perform a laproscopic, robotic procedure involving a sling which would anchor to my sacrum area and tack everything up. Not sure of the fate of my uterus on that one. Has anyone had these procedures and please give mean honest and detailed description of what recovery might be like. I have had IC and vulvodynia for six years and it is a rough and stubborn case. I am living with it, but it has not been easy.
    Interstim implant
    Elmion
    Elavil
    Atarax
    Lyrica
    PRelief
    Endoset
    IC diagnosed 2006
    Vulvodynia
    IBS
    Prolapsed bladder, uterus, rectocele

Interstim implant
    Elmiron
    Elavil
    Atarax
    Lyrics
    Prelief
    endocet

My uterus had prolapsed- it actually grew in size and since i was about 45 at the time, the start of menopause I was told the best thing would be to have a hysterectomy. I had the surgery- it was done vaginally and for me the recovery took about 6 weeks.

Comment

Working...
    X