Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My surgery

Hello, everyone
    I haven't been on here in awhile, due to complications and hospital stays. I had my cysectomy on March 7th. It was the roughest thing I ever had to go through. I then developed a staph infection and had to be hospitalized a second time. Then I continued to run a low grade fever and I kept telling my doctor I thought I was still sick. He didn't listen to me, told me I was fine. I then got a bloodstream infection and had to be hospitalized a third time, and I almost died that time. I went into respitory arrest, my lungs started to shut down, and I was in ICU on a respirator for 4 days. Over my 3 times in the hospital, including the surgery, I have spent 28 days in the hospital all together. I am now finally starting to feel good and am doing things, trying to build up my strength. I lost alot of weight through all this and alot of my strength. I am IC free now, and hope there will be no more complications from this surgery. It really is a very nasty surgery.
    Love to all. Karla Hopper

Karhopp,

I'm so sorry to hear that you had to go through so much. How scary to almost die! I am having my cystectomy June 14th (Neobladder). I will keep you close to my heart and in my prayers, that you have a good recevery from all of this and you can maybe put it behind you. You are extremely courageous to have gone through all of that!

Hug and Best Wishes,

Kara
    "Never take, I don't know how to help you as an answer."

[email protected]

Kara

Comment

Kara, my best wishes to you also on your upcoming surgery. I got the ileal conduit. I think you are also very courageous to try the neo bladder. I'm sure it won't be that easy of a surgery, either. But most people don't end up with all the complications that I had. My doctor said that I was the first patient he ever had that ended up with so many complications from this surgery. I'm still mad at him for not listening to me when I told him I was sick. But anyway, June 14 is not that far off and I'll be thinking about you that day and praying for you as well. Good luck to you. Love, Karla

Comment

I'm Janelle, I havn't been on here for awhile, I just want you to know how sorry I am that you had to go through all of that. I hope you can start to recover soon.I will keep you in my prayers--luv,Janelle

Comment

Working...
        X