X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT2008
    replied
    Coincidence or Synchronicity?

Marsupials: The group of mammals commonly thought of as "pouched" mammals, like the wallaby and kangaroo.
    An interesting tidbit worth sharing:

Since making the decision to have my surgery, I have been reading through all of the threads in this section to glean all the info I can get--and I have learned a great deal about a lot of different things. But, I must admit, the following is one I didn't quite expect!

Last Saturday I bought some hairspray when we went to the grocery store. I have used Aussie hair products for many years, and this time there was a cute little purple stuffed kanagroo wrapped around the can. Beyond a passing thought about whose child I could give it to as a toy, I didn't think too much about it. Until, that is, I was reading through some of these threads that very same night and ran across this one!!

Reading this a mere few hours after unwrapping a little purple kangaroo of my very own, well...it was truly "one of those moments" where you think ... Whoa...!!

So, Coincidence or Synchronicity?

Either way, I can't help but take it as a good omen, and although I am not particularly superstitious, my little purple kanagroo is now my Mascot/Good Luck Talisman!

Ah...the wonders and mysteries of life...
    ~Beth

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    That cute!

I have never thought of that but it sure is fitting! Wouldn't that be something to tell people you have a K(angaroo) Pouch. I may just have to borrow the term. I'd like to watch thier faces with that one. Judith, it must have been easier than trying to explain an Indiana Pouch...It's cute!

Kara

Leave a comment:

• Judith56
    replied
    When I first got my ostomy I used to say I was a kangaroo.

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    started a topic Marsupials?

Marsupials?

I just read a list of terms on the medcafe which called folks with pouches - marsupials. Now that helps to inject a little humor into a tense situation. I kind of like that.
Working...
X