Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any one heard of removing your bladder w/ a robot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maryla
    replied
    thank you all for your replies

I do have some decisions to make. right now, today, I've decided to have my bladder removed. I'm scared, yet excited about the HOPE of a better life.

Blessings,

Leave a comment:

• Judith56
    replied
    It's amazing what they do now with surgeries and robotics are taking a larger part in them. They say they can be more precise. I personally have not had robot assisted surgeries, but who knows, maybe in the future I will.

Leave a comment:

• patricia1
    replied
    In my area I hear alot of surgeries being done with the da vinci Robot. I know for one thing they use it on Prostrate (SP) procedures. Not sure on the bladder removal though. Who knows, they have come so far with procedures no a days that I would not doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• ~*~Christine~*~
    replied
    I did a Yahoo! search and it seems like some surgeons do use this method for bladder surgeries, including cystectomies

"The use of robotic-assisted radical cystectomy has recently been demonstrated in the literature. This procedure is considered technically challenging and some reports point towards less blood loss, lower transfusion rates, and shorter hospital stays compared to open surgery. Here we provide a review of preliminary reports involving this procedure."
    http://www.thescientificworld.co.uk/...ArticleId=1952

More info here

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Some surgeons may use the robots to help them assist in part of operations.
    I have not heard of this for cystectomies. Interesting. I would personally not choose a robot to have removed my bladder. It's an extremely complicated operation that requires a skilled surgeon. My Cystectomy and Indiana Pouch were not done with a robot. Bladder Removal is not simple.

Kara

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    replied
    By all means ask your Dr if this is what he's referring to.
    From my understanding, the Da vinci system is also used in orthopedics, gynecology and cardiology procedures.

take care
    D

Leave a comment:

• maryla
    replied
    d

D, I'm not sure, I'm finding lots of hits for prostate removeal this way. It's got to be the same, I would think. Dr. didn't call it that though. When I see him again I'll ask. Thank you,

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    replied
    Are you referring to the Da vinci Robot? If so, the uro's in my group are all trained to use this surgical system. Its used in a number of different surgical procedures, not just urological.
    You can do an internet search for Da vinci and I'm sure you'll come up with all kinds of hits.

take care
    D

Leave a comment:

• maryla
    started a topic Has any one heard of removing your bladder w/ a robot?

Has any one heard of removing your bladder w/ a robot?

Hi, has anyone heard of this method of removing your bladder? My uro in Cincinnati claims that there is a uro in his uro group that has been conducting removal this way. He says it is less evasive and healing time will be lots faster. I'd love to hear your opinion on this issue.

God Bless
Working...
X