• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mum43
    replied
    I'm 5 months post op too !!

I had my op in november last yr.
    For a while everything went ok, but 5 months done the line I am having some very bad problems, and have to have it all done again.
    This does' not mean things like this happen to everyone,infact there are some really good sucess stories on here from people who have had the same op as m and are living a normal and healthy life.
    I wish you all the best.
    take care xxx
    Last edited by mum43; 04-09-2007, 04:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• countrygrl
    replied
    Prayer for Surgery

I am 5 months out from my surgery. It was a rough go at first but I have NO REGRETS!! I pray all goes well and you have a good Dr. Just get books magizines and plenty of movies to watch because for the first few weeks you are not going to feel up to much. Also loose clothing I stayed mainly in gowns for 4 wks do to the tubes.But now I am up and going when I was able to go for 3hrs before going to the little girls from I wanted to throw a party! I know how you feel and I hope time flies by fast and you get the relief you so deserve.If any ?? dont hesitate to ask. Also everyone here are great listeners and walking info. Good Luck and Wishes

Leave a comment:

• ICKIRSTI
    replied
    huggsss

GROUP HUGGG!!! I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I'M SO WORRIED ABOUT MINE AS WELL BECAUSE IT ALREADY HOLDS SO LITTLE!! YOU ARE INDEED IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.. I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE. KEEP ON YOUR TRACK AND DON'T EVER LOOK BACK!! WISHING YOU THE BEST OF HEALTH AND SENDING YOU THE WARMEST OF REGARDS .. less trips to the lavatory sure would be nice too ay?? KJD

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    replied
    Eva, I'm anxious to hear how you are doing. This is April and you've had some time to recoup a bit. How are you feeling? What kind of reconstruction did you have? Before you left the hospital, were you completely comfortable with how to take care of yourself? These are some of the concerns others in my family have about the surgery.
    I truly hope you are feeling well.
    Maggie.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Baby
    replied
    Maggie,
    I had my bladdder out in Feb. this year. It was the best decsion I have made yet,since I lost my interstim. I had researched it alot and Got lots of support from the other Icers here! I wish you the best! I will be praying for you!
    Hugs & Blessings,
    Eva

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    replied
    Thanks for all your kind words. I am at peace with the decision. There seems to be another glitch moving in which is too hard to explain here, just keep it in your prayers.
    I am moving in July and will probably be about 300 miles away from Dr. E. when the surgery will likely be scheduled. I need to get a second opinion for insurance purposes. I just don't know how to do that. I have a call in to the doc, but I havent' heard from him yet.
    Your support means the world to me. I count on it. Whatever I can do for you, let me know.
    Maggie

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    Maggie,

I know that was a hard decision, but I also know you have thought long and hard about it. I am glad that you feel peace with your choice. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• i-can-beat-this
    replied
    I am sure that everyone will keep you in their thoughts and prayers. You seem very confident in your decision and I wish you all the best. Just remember that everything happens for a reason!

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Maggie

Maggie,

If you need anything, we are all here for you! I had my bladder taken out in 2002 and then reconstructed in 2006.

Kara

Leave a comment:

• Judith56
    replied
    As you know Maggie, I am here for you and ready to answer your questions and be of any help that you need. I know how hard that decision os to come to having to make myself. Once it is all over and you are healed, you may find like others, that you wonder why you waited so long!I am keeping you in my thoughts. Judith

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    I hope that this decision brings you the relief you deserve. You do so much for others, it's definately time to take care of yourself. Please let us know how you're doing. I have seen Dr. Evans myself and know you're in great hands with him.

Thinking of you, Sandy

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    Oh Maggie...I most defiantly will be praying for you. I also hope this will be the answer.

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    Keeping you in my prayers - I hope you will soon have a pain-free life!

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Maggie, I know this is a hard decision but I do know that sometimes you got to do what is necessary. Like Donna said, let us know when you are having the surgery so we can be praying for you. I am glad you are sure in what you want to do because this is part of the battle. I think that is a battle in itself and conquering that I think you can conquer anything.

Please remember to let us know,
    Hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    I so hope this is the answer for you... I'm glad you are through the decision making process, though. I know that deciding to do the Interstim was hard enough for me and took me several months of deep thought and research... I imagine deciding on a more radical approach like bladder removal must be all the harder!!!

I know your surgery isn't for a while, but I'm wishing you the best of luck as you prepare... and, you have a great doc He put my 'Stim in and did a wonderful job...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X