Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judith56
    replied
    Kara, it will wonderful to have the surgery and finally be able to get on with your life. How soon will it be scheduled? Good for you making him double check and finding out you were right. I bet you really felt vindicated, nothing like being heard, right? Judith

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    I didn't even know you could regrow a bladder like that! Amazing!

Leave a comment:

• DebbieD
    replied
    Hey Kara! Whaen I first had mu Ileo -conduit sone they removed my ureatha . But with in a year I felt Pressure Like I had to go Potty. I would sit on the toilt and Stran Likr I had to Pee. Nothing would come Out. So they when back in and Found Out I was tring to grow another Bladder. It was alittle Bigger than a Golf ball so they removed that. One of My revisons that I had.

I hope that thing are Better now for you.

DebbieD

Leave a comment:

• RAS6
    replied
    Kara, it just blows my mind how strong you are through all of this! I am so sorry this got so scary. I can't even imagine! I was terrified when I found out I had IC and you have had to deal with so much more than I. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    Wow! That was scary, huh? Thank goodness you were so assertive and persistent with him.

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    The great thing about your experience at this last docotor's visit is that you:

1. were able to state clearly what you believed had been done
    2. showed him the report stating what had been done, and
    3. had the knowledge and courage to tell him to check you once again.

Now that's what I call taking charge of your own health care.

Good for you, Kara... *Applause Applause*...

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    All of my other surgeries WERE necessary. I had, refractory end stage IC with a bladder that leaked urine into my abdomen. It was only able to hold 30cc's with bleeding and one tiny ball of adhesions. Then the old urethra had too much scar tissue build up to catheterize. So yes everything was needed in order to live without a urostomy bag.

I just did not want to have another reconstruction. It's only been a year since I've had my Indiana Pouch.

The urethra issue was very sensitive for me so I could not wrap my head around the idea that I still
    had one. Thank God it's not true.

A false tract is sometimes formed from scar tissue. It's just a hollow tract like a canal that isn't connected to anything structural.

Love and Hugs to you all! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend!

Kara
    Last edited by Kara29; 04-28-2007, 07:04 AM. Reason: adding information

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    Oh, my goodness! I hope and pray the removal of the gland and false urinary tract will eliminate your pain entirely - that would be so wonderful! I sure am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• Janie Miranda
    replied
    My Gosh Kara, I hope and pray that the skene's gland removal will totally help. I'm still in shock the he kept insisting you had your urethra. You'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Does this mean none of your other surgeries may have been necessary?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gartner%27s_duct This is a similar part of the anatomy I've never heard about. Wild.
    Last edited by Moonheart; 04-27-2007, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Oh Kara your determination always amaze me, I think I would had freak out from the beginning. I hope this doctor did find the solution to your pain. That would be wonderful.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied

What a fright you must have had! Sounds like despite this little blip, you are still headed in the right direction, though....

Leave a comment:

• Mel53H
    replied
    Wow! That is scary!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{You}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Donna

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    I would have been freaking out to...I am glad that the doctor thinks he has found what has been your problem.. I will keep praying for you and keeping my fingers crossed that the doctors will not stop until they find out whats wrong ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X