Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a lump !!

Hi all,
    I have been awake all night long with worry.
    My Mitrofanoff has a lump on the side of it, and it is very visable.Have very bad backache though.
    I have tried to contact my hospital but can't get a answer, and my surgery is closed today for staff training(typical).
    I have been told that this could be a Hernia, but it does'nt hurt or move.
    What could it be??
    I have been cathing 20-30 times a day, maybe it's because of this.
    My next appointment is for a pre-op check up at the hospital 19th june and the op 12th july.
    I shall keep trying to contact the hospital.

hugs xxx
    Should I be worried or is this normal?
    I have had IC and PBS for 20+ years.
    Tried every medication I can think off.
    Had a Clam Cystoplasty with Mitrofanoff in November 2006.
    Had a Total Cystectomy, with a neobladder, Urethradectomy and Mitrofanoff review, also had a peristomal hernia repaired.
    4th october 2007.

Check out my profile on www.myspace.com/surreychick.
    if you want to know more about me.

Mum,
    This does sound like a Hernia, but still they can be serious so please keep trying to get a hold of someone...Good luck Hun.. (((((((((hugs)))))))) and
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

if you can't contact any one today, maybe you should visit the er.
      ((((hugs)))
      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Thankyou for the advice ladie's.
        I have left a message on my surgeon's answering machine, she will phone me when she get's a chance(she always does').
        Then Iwill heve more of a idea what this is.

Hugs xxxx
        Had a Total Cystectomy, with a neobladder, Urethradectomy and Mitrofanoff review, also had a peristomal hernia repaired.
        4th october 2007.

Comment

Hopefully you'll hear back soon.

Warm hugs,
          Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Hi Jill,
            Sorry about the lump- it could very well be a small hernia, they don't always hurt. Hvae you been doing any straining or lifting lately that could have caused it? Has your doctor ever talked about putting a catheter in and leaving it in for a while so you wont be constantly cathing? Hopefully by now your doctor has called you back! Let us know. It is always worrisome when something new happens. Judith

Comment

Hi ladie's,
              I don't get the chance to do anything, my hubby does' it all.
              My uro surgeon said she willl look at the lump when I go to london for my pre-op check up.
              She said not to worry too much because she can remove this lump during the surgery.
              I have a appointment for that on the 19th june, not too long to wait.
              Have been trying to get hold of my continence nurse today, have left message again.
              They are all busy on Thursday's, that's when my uro does' most of her ops.
              I expect she will phone me tomorrow now as she would have gone home by now.
              Tried leaving a catheter in but it make's the lump bigger and ache's ????
              This is why I am so worried that something is seriously wrong.
              I can't pee normally today either, have done bladder washout and cathed so many time's.
              I do have a question for you though!!
              Is a mitrofanoff called another name when a neobladder is done.
              I was chatting to someone and she said that I have a mitro now because I had a clam cystoplasty, but when I have the rest of the bladder out I won't have a mitro anymore because it will be called something else.???????????
              This lady has got me a little confused.

BIG HUGS XXXXXXX
              4th october 2007.

Comment

Jill, try not to get too hung up on names. Where was this lady from? Sometimes in different parts of the world they are called something else. The main thing is that you have an internal pouch with a stoma and that you know how to care for it.

Comment

Hi Judith,
                  Thankyou!! the lady is from USA and is a ISC nurse.
                  She told me that my hernia may get tangled and rupture if I don't get it removed now.
                  Not sure I want to chat with her anymore, she's a bit spooky.
                  She is from the care cure forum.
                  I will phone my uro again though because the lump has gone a bit flatter since yesterday !!

thankyou for the advice
                  hugs xxx
                  4th october 2007.

Comment

I agree, do not talk to her again! There is no point in scaring people, especially since she is not your doctor, she has never examined you etc. Okay so here is another thought, since you said it is getting flatter, I wonder if you have been constipated and you then went to the loo? Part of it could have been stool in your bowel? I do not know, but again ask your doctor or nurse. Hugs back to you! Judith

Comment

Hugs

Hi Judith,
                      I got my self in to such a state, that I went to the A&E in London.
                      I am writing this on my laptop in the car, hubby is driving.
                      It is a Hernia, and it is to be removed in 6 weeks time when I have my major op.
                      Because I am so sore, the hospital have put a superpubic catheter in and said to keep it infor 7 day's then they will review the lump.
                      The hospital were very concerned about me and did a Kub scan.
                      All is well as it is expected on that score.

Thankyou for your support!!!
                      love jill xxx
                      4th october 2007.

Comment

Good! I am glad that it is just a hernia and that they can fix it soon I am also glad that you have the catheter in- this way you have a well needed break from all that cathing. I hope the next 6 weeks go by quickly for you and that you have no more problems. Hang in there my friend. Judith

Comment

Hi Judith,
                          I am so sorry I haven't replied to your last message, I had to go back to London for some test's.
                          Having the catheter in made the hernia bigger and it started to hurt quite badly.
                          I got a infection and have now been put on another lot of antibiotics.
                          The next 5 weeks can't come quick enough for me.
                          The uro took the catheter out so I'm back to square one again, this time it is getting difficult to catherterise even with k-jelly.
                          I suppose it's because of the hernia, it is now the size of a large egg and is very sore.
                          So I 'm resting and just sitting with my legs up, like the uro said to.
                          She said that more I rest the less chance I have of the hernia stranglelating and causing me big problems.

hugs xxx
                          4th october 2007.

Comment

Working...
                          X