Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SharonA
    replied
    (((HUGS))) and prayers coming your way, Maggie.

Leave a comment:

• mom_in_ma
    replied
    Wishing you the best of luck with your upcoming surgery. You've clearly explored all of your options and I trust this is right for you. I'm glad you will have people around you to help out at you recover. Take care.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm so glad you'll be dealing with a doctor you know and trust. That can be very important.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Judith56
    replied
    You need to go with your gut instinct on who will be better for you. Personally I think it is good that you have lots to do beforehand. This way you will not have time to dwell on the upcoming sugery because you will so busy. As for aftercare, just make sure you have premade foods that you can heat up yourself or prepare easily, like cans of soup. Many people have homehealth nurses come in and check on them. Everyone is different and we all heal in different ways. I never had extra help after any of my surgeries and I had two small children. So if you can get some help it is nice, but many people can get by without it.

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    replied
    Wishing you well!

Diana

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Best of luck

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Dear Maggie,

You have a lot on your plate right now. The only thing I can think of right now is that it is imperative to have someone taking care of you after the removal.

I hope you get through everything that needs to be done before the removal. We are all here for you as you go through this journey!

Kara

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    replied
    Yes, Donna. I finally decided that I wouldn't go with the doc that did the second opinion even though he was closer to family and the place where I will go to recouperate. I have the highest confidence in my doc and feel very safe in entrusting the surgery to him. I have lots of friends here in North Carolina, too. They are not family, but pretty close to that. I'm nervous, but I'm taking one day at a time. I'll get everything done.
    Thanks for your concern.
    Maggie

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    Boy, that week retreat sounds like a wonderful thing sandwiched in between all the other busy-ness. Good luck with everything - lots of changes, huh? I'm glad you're moving closer to the removal.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I've been thinking of you and hoping you'll be able to get your surgery scheduled quickly when you're ready. You have a lot to deal with right now, but it sounds like you are making the decisions that are right for you. Will you be dealing with familiar doctors for your surgery?

Sending warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    started a topic The Ball is Rolling

The Ball is Rolling

I called the doctor today to start the ball rolling to get a date for bladder removal. I have really prayed, researched and discussed this from every side and I know that it is the right thing to do. So here we go.
    This has been a year and it is only June!
    It began in January with the death of my sister on whom I relied for all my medical advice - she was a nurse. That is still very painful. I haven't had much time to deal with that, but I will. I am moving at the end of this week and changing jobs. I will be living with a whole different group of nuns from the ones I've been living with the last 7 years - and I decide to have surgery!!
    I will have a week at the beach to rest a bit after cleaning out the house and preparing my office for a new principal. Then I have a week of retreat and a few days at my brother's house for a family party. We have a meeting of all the nuns in our community in the United States at the end of the month and then I go to my new house. I'll take a week or two to get settled there and then, hopefully the surgery can will be set for sometime during the last weeks in August. Does that sound like too much, too soon?
    I hope not.
    It's been long in coming.
    Peace,
    Maggie
Working...
X