No announcement yet.

Question for Mike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your welcome, though like anything once you learn it it is no big deal. Ostomy care is VERY easy to learn. At this point though since you are not about to have the surgery I wouldn't dwell on it.

Comment

Teresa,

Yes, I had a very small bladder capacity. Bladder was thicken with scar tissue and had Hunners ulcers. Also, my frequency was around 30 to 40 times during the day and 6 to 10 times at night.

Mike

Comment

Mike,
        Oh my goodness. My bladder is nowhere near that poor capacity at this point. The pain is what is overwhelming for me. Did diet make any difference for you? I am down to very few choices and know Vit C is a huge issue for me. I can't even take it in the buffered form. I thought you said once that diet didn't seem to make a difference for you. I am just wondering because I am researching everything to see if something will give me my life back. It seems everyone is so different. But, I have noticed that diet didn't have an impact on several who had their bladders removed on this site. Many said they had pain no matter what they ate. I have tried many things. I started with the natural things, then on to medications, instils etc. I have given myself a time limit and if I am still in the same situation, I plan to have my bladder removed. I am also keeping your doctor and hospital in mind. I hope he works on women too. You have had such good luck and I am truly happy for you and your family. I pray for all of us all the time. Please keep coming back to post to give hope to others
        Teresa

We are not HUMAN BEINGS going through a temporary SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE. We are SPIRITUAL BEINGS going through a temporary HUMAN EXPERIENCE....so that we may become more SPIRITUAL.

Comment

Teresa,

Yes you are right, diet did not really seem to make a big difference for me, and trust me I tried every thing I could think of. I would fast for many days and start to feel better, but not good. I believe it was more about if I ate than what I ate.

The pain was my biggest problem also. The frequency and urgency was bad but it was just inconvenient when compared to the pain. And I never really found anything that helped it much. Lots of water, hot baths, the squatted position and trying to stay stress free was the things that help me more than anything from the medical establishment.

As Judith said, pain is not really a determining factor for doctors to agree to remove your bladder. It is basically impossible for them to tell you that removing your bladder will take care of the pain. My surgeon, pain clinic and everyone else told me it was a 50% / 50% chance. I believe they tell you this because they have no idea. However, they will remove the bladder for frequency and urgency when they deem it would improve your life enough. If it is bad enough they can almost with certainty improve it. But if your frequency is not real bad or there is no visible problems with your bladder (major shrinkage, scar tissue, hunners ulcers, etc) then they are probably not going to want to remove your bladder.

I was finally to the point that I was willing to give it a shot, to improve my frequency, and hope it would my pain. I personally felt there was better than a 50% chance that it would because I knew my body. I was to the point I had nothing to lose.

Hope and pray that you find something that will make you much better soon.

I am still doing great,
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X