Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bladder transplant?

Hi everyone!

I'm 22 years old and have tried everything to treat my IC. I was on crazy pain medications ( from a pain management doctor ) because nothing else worked. I took 40mg of Opana ER 3x a day with 5mg Opana for my rescue. I got pregnant for the second time and the pain has not left me this time. ( My first pregnancy all of my pain went away. ) My family has seen enough of my quality of life gone because of IC. So my father has found this video on bladder transplants from TED. ( http://www.ted.com/talks/anthony_ata...ng_tissue.html ) He has a really good feeling about me doing this. I felt that this could possibly be the answer to a lot of IC patient's prays. I would love to hear some input from you guys. Thanks <3

- Lin

they are doing this at Wake Forest in NC. Dr Evans IC Uro is on research team for this. They did transplant a bladder into a lady and it worked. I contacted them and was told that right now bladder tissue growing and transplants are for bladder patients with spinal cord injuries at this time no IC patients at all . I do think very promising for future of IC patients yes I do . My uro got my name on a list there so that is all I know as of 2yrs ago.

Comment

Working...
    X