• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kara29
    replied
    Jennifer

Jennifer,

I hope the test results have yielded some positive information!

My thoughts are with you!

Kara

Leave a comment:

• jensue973
    replied
    I had a CT Scan Lumbar Spine done yesterday..The EMG test I had beofre showed some slowing of the L5-S1 nerve.. I am now just waiting for the doctor to get the results to the scan and see what they say...Hopefully I'll have an answer and feel better soon

Jennifer

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! Heat always made my back/leg hurt more......though you would think warm would make it feel better! Ice reduces swelling....heat brings more blood to the area. That's why I think the ice helped...it reduced the swelling around the disk....at least that's how it felt. Give it a try.....20 min on and 20 min off. Also I had a TENS unit that helped with the pain.......that did help keep it bearable. Take care.....Roxie

Leave a comment:

• jensue973
    replied
    Yes to be honest I am quite miserable..I have not tried using ice packs but I have used a heating pad.. I think I even feel worse after using the heating pad..I never tried using ice packs before cause thought the coldness would not be comfortable..I will attempt to try anything at this point..The neurosurgeon I saw the other day basically just send his would write out the report to send to my doctor and to have my family doctor order me a cat scan..Hopefully things will get better soon...Thanks for the input

Jennifer

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Neurosurgeon and Family Doctor

Jennifer,

I hope that your family doctor will be able to help you on Monday. I'm so sorry you are in so much pain and the ER didn't help. I understand how you feel minus the leg pain. I've been having terrible tailbone pain due to other issues. I have not been able to sit for a few months. Maybe the X-Rays will yield something they will be able to help you with.

Can the Neurosurgeon that did your EMG talk with your family doctor about what tests/x-rays he suggests should be ordered?

What do they do for a Herniated Disk?

Thinking of you and wishing you a some pain relief!

Kara

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI You sound so miserable. I feel so for you! I had a herniated disk for 15 yrs before a dr. pinpointed the problem. You said you are going to your dr. on Monday.....have you tried icepacks on your lower back? I literally lived with ice packs, day and night. It helped with the pain....some. Nothing fixed the problem till I had a laminectomy. It was amazing when I woke up from surgery with no hip/leg pain. It was wonderful! Good luck to you! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• jensue973
    replied
    The EMG test wasn't very painful I thought..Still in alot of pain..I am on Naproxen, Flexeril and Darvocet and still in pain..I went to ER today cause I am to the point now in so much pain I can't walk longer that a min or two and then I have terrible pain..Pain is in lower lower back like right where top part of my butt crack is and then of course the pain down my leg..Now wondering why I went to the ER cause they didn't do much..They said they couldnt' any better pain medicines than I am already on and they also did a normal xray of my back so that turned out ok...So only thing I can say now is wait till Monday when I go to see my family doctor and tell him I need a cat scan..maybe I have a herniated disc cause I dont' care what no one says I am in pain that is not normal..

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    Good luck with that, Kara! It sounds...interesting. I do hope that it will help you and your docs figure out what is going on and get you some treatment to ease your symptoms!

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Emg

I have an EMG Test March 13th where will stick tiny needles into my urethra and send a tiny electical current to it and it goes up the spinal cord and back down again. The EMG meausres the speed at which those electical impulses travel. It's part of the last test for the Pudendal Nerve Entrapment. I hoping the procedure is not too painful. It's only supposed to be a few minutes long.

Kara

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    replied
    How bad was the needle thing?? I'm having that done tomorrow. Ouch!! Not looking forward to it. Physical Therapist examined me and I have a hip thing going on but she doesn't want to do anything with it until after my hysterectomy/hernia operation. She told me to walk -- that's supposed to help.
    angie

Leave a comment:

• jensue973
    replied
    I had an apt today with a neuro surgeon and he did a EMG test where they stick needles in your muscles and do shocks to test your nerves..He seemed to think that my pain was coming from my lower back so he wants me to see my family doctor to have Xrays done...Maybe a herniated disc cause that pain to go down my leg..I was in a lot of pain doing the test when he stuck the needles in my lower lower back...so will call my doctor and see what happens but I know I am tired of this pain for sure

Jennifer

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    If you didn't have the interstim, my guess would have been possibly sciatica. Unfortunately with the interstim an MRI isn't possible, but I'm sure they will find a way to diagnose your problem.

I hope you feel better very soon.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI Sounds like Sciatica to me. I have had it ever so often for years. It's very painful....my surgeon said that pain is comparable to tearing flesh and I totally agree! It's awful! PT helps with Sciatic along with an anti inflammatory drug. You might ask for an MRI/CS to pinpoint the problem cause it could be a ruptured disk. Good luck! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    replied
    I have the same pain and have been dealing with it for a long time. I thought it was just due to the IC. It starts in my hip(left side too) the pain goes thru my thigh to my knee then skips down to my ankle. Extra pain in hip/thigh/ankle. I just started to see a new Pain Clinic Dr and in her examination she thinks I have lower back/hip and possibly nerve damage. Not quite sure what to tell you to help. I start PT tomorrow with a new PT who will deal with this area. Then the next day they are checking for nerve damage. Oh the joy--and co-pays!!!

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    You mention that you wonder if your interstim is related to your pain...have you tried turning it down or off and if so, did that help? Have you gone to the doc yet?

Hope you are feeling better!
    Claudia

Leave a comment:

Working...
X