Can Fluid Settle into your Muscles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Fluid Settle into your Muscles?

I have had a respitory and double ear infection for about three weeks and the other night I had to go to the ER because I was have severe chest pain and shortness of breath. After a battery of tests, the ER doc told me I had severe brochitis. She also told me that since my lungs were so inflamed and the fluid had no were to go, that the fluid had begun to seep into my chest, neck, and shoulder muscles. This was what was causing the severe, stabbing pains in those areas. Has anyone every heard of such a thing? I can't even pronounce the name she called it but I thought it was quite bizarre. I had no idea that fluid couldn't actually get into your muscles.
    Janelle
    I am a soul whose intentions are good.
    Oh Lord please don't let me be misunderstood.

I have severe edema, level five or however they phrase it, all throughout my body right now. My legs look like an elephants and my skin hurts it's stretched so tight. I get this in my chest as well and have been known to rattle and cough due to fluid in my lungs or bronchials. My kidneys don't work all that hot on top of the IC and so it is hard to rid myself of the fluid.
    http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

Did they call it pleural effusion? thats what it sounds like...heres a web site that talks about it..

http://www.plwc.org/portal/site/PLWC...00ed730ad1RCRD

side note...this is for malignant pleural effusion, as in cancer, but is similar to what you are describing, minus the cancer part...there are lots of other web sites that can help you understand what's going on too if you google 'pleural effusion'.
      *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
      *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
      *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

ps

If that's what it is you must have a minor case of it, although I'm certain it doesn't FEEL minor at all...it can get bad enough that they have to drain the excess fluid off your lungs and chest wall. Sounds like you've been really sick and need to take it easy for a few days, no matter what name they gave for the fluid. I hope you feel better soon!
        *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Sending Well Wishes!

Janelle,

Sending you Well Wishes and hope you feel better very soon!

Kara
          Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
          http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

Thanks for the kind get wells everyone! Sandy I think this is just confusing me more because I had a CT scan and chest x-ray and the doctor said they didn't find anything. So now I am really confused! The pain goes all the way from my chest to my shoulders and nearly to my back.... I don't know what to think but I am seeing an ear nose and throat doc on Tuesday so I am hoping that this helps. I having been taking antibiotics and that isn't even helping. The worse part of it is that I still have to work through all this.
            Janelle

Comment

That sounds like referred pain. Do you have anything else going on that you can think of? Recent procedures, surgeries, pelvic anything besides IC (maybe that could do it too?)
              http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

Well my lymph nodes are terribly swollen from the infection in my sinuses and ears. Could that be what is causing all of the problems? I had lymphatic surgery as a child and ever since my lymph nodes overact anytime I get sick.
                Janelle

Comment

Now I'm confused....you said that they saw fluid in your chest? I didn't mean to confuse you at all. I figured with the fluid in your chest, then it was possible to have what I had posted. I'm sure it's nothing serious or they would have kept you in the hospital, for whatever it is! I just hope you feel better soon. I was thinking the pain you have might be from coughing a lot? When I have bronchitis I cough my head off.

Comment

Well that's the strange thing. I have only been coughing a lot at night so it could also be from coughing alot. The doctor told me that they did not find anything in the chest x-ray or CT scan. She just told me that I probably had fluid in the chest muscles but not the muscles around the lungs.
                    Janelle

Comment

Working...
                    X