X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kara29
    replied
    Thank You All!

Thank You All for you kind words, love, and support! It means so much to me. I could not wait to give you some good news for a change. I wrote everything down while I was there so I would not forget anything. As Lori mentioned with writing the date down, I will never forget it. It's been a very long road. I still have a long way to go but I feel a bit stronger now that I have some answers.

I am having a bit of trouble with the Oxycontin. It's a 12 hour, extended release. Two times a day. It mixed funny with my Ambien and I was sick all night and could not sleep at all. I am hoping that with time that will pass. I am thinking about calling my doctor and asking if I can take it once a day in the morning so it has worn off by bedtime. The Ambien has been my saving grace these past few months so I don't want anything messing with it.

The doctor that does my nerve blocks is a wonderful man so I am excited that he will continue taking care of me. I wish all of my doctors were like him. He's actually the one who thought it was PNE but the pelvic pain doctor had to give the final diagnosis yesterday. The pelvic pain doctor is really hard to talk to but he is really smart, so I have to take the good things away from him and carry on.

I will finally meet the doctor that I've been emailing back and fourth with March 13th. He's about 9 hours from me. Allen will be taking me up there.

There will be a lot of traveling. My car will get a lot of use over the next several months. Thanks for taking the ride with me! I couldn't do it without the wonderful support you all have given me.

Kara

Leave a comment:

• armslee
    replied
    Kara I am so glad to hear this news!!!!!!!
    Isn't it wonderful just to know what is wrong? I think the turmoil of the testing and treatment for all those years has taken such a toll. I know I haven't been through near what you have but went through years of treatments for the WRONG diagnosis too. I was soooooo elated just to have a name for my problems!

You are such an inspiration to so many of us here. Your strength and generous love has helped me so many times.

Take care and know that we love you!!!

Leave a comment:

• ChrissySunshine
    replied
    Kara, I've been thinknig of you, knowing you had yoru apppointment yesterday, I was praying for you! I'm so glad to see that you've finally got an answer and that there actually ARE other treatments besides the final decompression surgery. I hope this can be the beginning of some relief for you! As always, thanx for sharing....I'll talk to you soon! Love & Hugs, Chris

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    That is such wonderful news, now you know what it is so now they can do something for you...Im so glad you finally have an answer....

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Oh, Kara, that is wonderful to hear! I firmly believe this course of treatment will work, because (a) it makes sense and (b) surely the Universe knows by now that it owes you a break!

You keep believing in it too. I really believe that can help.

Talk to you soon.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    This is great news! It's wonderful to finally have a certain answer and a path that will lead you to freedom from pain.

Remember I said to mark that date on the calendar, the day when I said you would be free of pain? I think you are going to be free of pain well before that day is here!

Blessings,

Lori

Leave a comment:

• Katrina
    replied
    :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• Mel53H
    replied
    Fantastic news!!!:woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    I'm so glad for you! Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    Yay Kara! :woohoo: :woohoo: I so hope this is the answer and your are able to find lasting relief. Lord knows you deserve a break!

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• KathrynPInk
    replied
    That is great news and your attitude is one of remarkable strength and positive vibes. I think this is wonderful and you are a fighter, evidently, and a good one at that! I look forward to getting to know you, as we all take this IC journey together.

Best always,
    Katheryn

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    So glad you finally have answers and a treatment plan. I hope and pray that it works for you so you dont have to have the surgery. But, if you do have the surgery, hopefully it will finally put an end to your pain.

Love and hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    Kara,
    I am SO glad they finally figured it out for you. I know the treatment will be tough, but at least now you know what it is and can start treating it instead of just being in a cloud of the unknown.

You also give hope to some of the others that are having trouble with their docs and diagnosis of additional issues...you have been through so much, so many unanswered questions, and finally you are able to have a plan.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Sounds GREAT --I am so happy for you!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    I am so glad that found out what is going on and that you have a treatment plan. That is wonderful. Now you can be on the road to recovery

Leave a comment:

Working...
X