Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonheart
    replied
    I am tired like that all the time Tracey. I have days where I can wake up just enough to get the kids off to school, and then have to crawl straight back into bed. I had one day where I didn't wake up till 3 or 4 in the afternoon! And that was AFTER sleeping most of the night.

It's miserable. It really is. Then to have flares along with it...miserable.

Hugs,
    Me

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    Hi Kara

I tried to write you back last night and I was so pooped I couldn't see straight. I'm still dozing off so I hope you don't get any wierd words...it means I dozed for a second. It reminds of me when i first got IC and was getting adjusted to pain meds and could not stay awake for the life of me. I did go to bed last night with no extra pain meds...made it tough to stay asleep but I did ok. (I have to drive on Thursday so I have to haveall the valium and excess pain meds out of my body..)

The pain syndrome you speak of sounds like no fun whatso ever...it sounds pretty CRPpy. (get it...ha, ha) oh well...ba doom ching. I followed your webpage and I couldn't decide what was worse. My hopeful situation is a mild case of RA but that doesn't look so good because it hit me hard a month ago, hasn't ceased but gotten worse, is symetric, AND I have the RA factor of 160. See..some people have the RA factor and are still neg because it is fairly low and the pain goes away and was mild (vice versa also happens) I haven't read in the lit ANYwhere anyone over a 120. And they were in a wheelchair. My knees are feeling it, my ankles...I'm doing the mild exercises my PT gave me to do. SO...it is being done. I see her once a week and have done home exercises and am doing swimming at the pool near my home. (ok not swimming...resistance running in the water...looks stupid but at least I can get my heart rate up)

I don'tknow if any of you have this... Please tell me if any of you have this crushing need to sleep. ALL the time. i got up with my husband at six today, and took a shower, cleaned up, put on make up (no reason, just to feel awake) and now I want to crawl back into bed.

I really appreciate all of your advice and listening to me whine. I just feel like evertime I start to accept a new curve ball thrown at me ( hysterctomy, orthopedic surgeries, year long paralysis, rough preganancy, diabetes, Interstitial cystitis...that was a tough one because I lost my career...NOW this...And my husband has ridden almost every step of the way,I just want it to be normal.)

You guys are great. i think I would have gone crazy a long time ago with out this board. Oh, and my bladder is rising and falling in terms of pain with my RA. Wierd, eh?
    Last edited by MakinIT; 04-10-2007, 05:26 AM. Reason: change wording

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Tracey,

Pain is Pain no matter where you are feeling it. I'm glad you have a place to talk about it.

Your symptoms sound similar to some other disorders. That is why I asked if your doctor had ruled those out. I was just wondering if they ruled out Reflex Sympathetic Disorder and or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Treatment for complex regional pain syndrome is most effective when started early in the course of the syndrome.Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) is the term used to describe pain and swelling in one part of the body. CRPS usually affects the hands, feet, elbows or knees, but can affect any part of the body.The pain may start after an injury, where the nerves have been damaged, or there may be no known cause for it to start. The pain usually gets gradually worse and may spread to other parts of the body.

There are lots of websites on this: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/com...265/DSECTION=2

Kara

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    Uh, I don't know anything about complex regional pain syndrome. Although I don't think it's regional anymore. I awoke from a nap yesterday feeling very hot and uncomfortable and realized it was because my legs hurt so bad. So it has moved south. Iknow many of you have had worse stuff, especially under this catagory...but it is the only one that fits me with everything going wrong. I honestly feel like I am insane. My poor mom blames herself on my health because she smoked the entire time she was pregnant and she and my dad smoked around me (with asthma) constantly. but I always tell her she didn't know better. What's done is done. She's a great lady but I fear her living in guilt for the rest of her life. I've tried to talk her into seeing a counselor but there is nooo way.

Thanks for listening to my situation...I appreciate it. I am going bananas.

Tracey

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    From what I understand, they help with intestinal problems...as my chiro was showing me research (such a dear man, he's dying of bladder cancer and is worried about my problems?!! I have to tell him because He can't adjust my neck anymore) But research has shown for some with RA "leaky gut" problems which means....I'm not exactly sure. How's that for help? I think it's that your intestines have problems and don't process stuff correctly so some stuff goes where it shouldn't? Anyway, your gut has a nice flora of yeast (good yeast) to kill the bad stuff. Probiotic therapy is supposed to beef up that flora of good yeast. We all have good bacteria and yeast in our bodies that is specific to us...and treats other bacteria as invaders...the leaky gut I think is supposed to cause inflammation of joints as your body reacts to the bad stuff. Sorry my explanation is so choppy and difficult to understand. I've lost my teaching mojo.

Leave a comment:

• curlycue
    replied
    Probotics

What are Probotics, or should I say I dont understand how they work.My accupuncture lady adviced me to take some.

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Tracey,

I hope those treatments give you some much needed relief! Has your doctor mentioned anything about complex regional pain syndrome?

Gentle Hugs

Kara

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    Hi Curly cue: it's funny..you get to writing to so many folks you lose track...It Makinit with the goofed up joints...But Tigger has been writing alot on this thread so maybe that's why...

I've read about all the supplements that you listed Ping Pong..my chiro gave me list and I researched them and am going to decide which ones...I am going to take Glucosomine, and am taking Vitamin D, 300 mg of CoQ10, Probiotic (like what's in yogurt), and Vitamin C. I am researching others but I can't stay awake. But I will have to take out a small loan to get them. I sure hope my insurance will pay for stuff the rheum. prescribes. I woke up all night in pain. Took lots pain meds finally...between that and my bladder I am a wreck.

Anyway...research, research, researcj

Tracey (MakinIt)

Leave a comment:

• curlycue
    replied
    Pain

PingPong, That is great. I am so glad that your friend is going good.

Tigger I know its going to take time but I know you will find the right combo of meds and be on your way to a good life. I will pray for all of us, that is what I seem to do all day long. Have a good Easter.

Leave a comment:

• pingpong
    replied
    A friend of mine has had RA for close to 20 years. She's taken prednisone, methotrexate, gold, and many other meds that I can't remember. She's had fantastic relief from Remicaid, though, and she was miserable when she had to change insurance and had to go without it for about a year. She's back on it and is feeling so much better. Hopefully your doctor can find something to give you relief.

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    the pain has spread

I am in so much pain right now I can't think straight...I woke from a nap earlier and the pain has spread to my knees and ankles as well as the the intense pain in my arms, which...beleive it or not....is even worse than before..I truly hate being a whiner but I "cannot take much more of this captain" (uh, Star Trek reference...Scottie..) sorry, lame attempt at humor. Holy schmoly this pain has to go away and go away soon. I am supposed to make an Easter Dinner tomorrow and I don't know if I could do it if they were in Hungry Man trays. And I'm scared. The pain moving to my lower joints is what scares me...I don't want to be dependent,

Have a great evening and happy Easter

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    Yeah...Yucky...my favorite medical term. I've just decided there should be a disconnect from my pain nerves and everything. I am glad I have a counselor. My appointment with him a couple days ago was the most productive I've had in 4 years. I think because I've finally come to terms with the fact I can't work, and now we can move beyond the wall...I am just angry now and hurting, looking for the support from my family that I am having difficulty getting. But....I may be able to drag them into counseling with me...my counselor really wants me to, because they just don't get it. Anyway...Babs..you sure have alot of things going on...I've had a DVT...when I had GBS (a nurse dropped me when it was in my chart to be two man transferred) and my knees went completely under me...I mean the lower part of my leg folded under my knees and stretched the athrophied quads...between that and my paralysis...DVT time..

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    Tracey--
    I'm glad they figured out what it is, sorry is was something so yucky.(Yup, that is actually a medical term). Every one of my last dx have been something autoimmune. You have been through so much and are such a strong person. Hang in there.

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    But I think I will look up ALS

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    Moonheart: I know what ALS is...I had Guillian Barre Syndrome when I was 20 and I was became very, very interested in diseases of the nervous system following that! After you spend a year paralyzed and completely dependent on others and machines to help you eat, breathe, pee and poop.... you become phobic of anything that may remove your independence. No, my neck hurts but my muscles are also weak...the same sorta weakness I have in my tricep and the epicondyl of the elbow (pain) and weakness in my forearms...hands. I don't think there's a connection between RA and ALS except Auto immune.

With Lyme disease,zygala...doesn't the rash look target like?

Thanks all

Tracey

Leave a comment:

Working...
X