Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't eat much with IC belly, anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't eat much with IC belly, anyone else?

I have had IC belly for about 2 weeks now. It was smaller at first but got bigger and painful...then the past two days it is going down some...but I still can't eat much. My stomach is distended as well as my lower abdomen. Has anyone else had this symptom?

Oh yeah.... it's common. I don't know what helps other than getting the flare to settle down. It's a bummer. I had it yesterday and it's so uncomfortable!
    mom_in_ma

Comment

So how long does the IC belly typically last?

Robin,

I'm Linda! Nice to meet you! Thanks so much for the info...I was beginning to worry. I've lost 8 pounds since I started my flare on April 24th..about a pound a week...but lately I cannot hardly eat much. Before I think I didn't eat because I was so depressed and scared that IC was back to stay. Now my bladder is not burning but is not working properly...have a hard time peeing...have more frequency and that full feeling. Anyway, now that I have gone on...how long does the belly last? It is hard to sit!

Comment

Oh Linda,
        Sorry to hear you're so miserable. How long have you been diagnosed? I know I lost more than 20 lbs when I was first diagnoses because of the diet, pain and depression. (of course, I gained that back and then some when I started to feel better!) I think you need to talk to your uro as there may be some meds that may make you more comfortable. Sounds like your having spasms and retaining. Unfortunately, there is no way to predict how long a flare will last. It does get better for most of us as we figure out what works and what doesn't work, but it's not always an easy road. Take care of yourself.
        mom_in_ma

Comment

Robin,

I think I have had it since 1991...symptoms anyway. Alot of UTI's when I was younger. I had pain for about a year in 2000 and during that time was diagnosed through cysto. I was put on elavil...hated it...didn't notice any help with it... Was put on elmiron as well...eventually my pain subsided completely. Not sure if it was the Elmiron or not. Then...7 years of remission...it was wonderful:woohoo: ...with maybe 3 short flares during that time. Then in April this hit...and it didn't go away. I have never had the IC belly..at least not this bad. I have been doing acupuncture for the last 3 weeks and then got MSM and a probiotic today at the health store and took them tonight for the first time. I work as a therapist everyday and have to sit all day which is usually a blessing with IC until this belly thing. I feel like I am carrying a baby. Funny, I went to my uro yesterday. She didn't say a thing about the belly...think I might change uros...I have had 2 before..one I fired and one retired then I got this one. I have heard there is another to try. The one yesterday kept interrupting me when I was asking her questions. She was acting like she was running a marathon She is sending me to a PT for PFD. When she examined me she only found one senstive spot on my left side. Guess I'll go and give it a try. Anyway...I had read the belly usually only lasts about a week...mine has been a week and i'm getting impatient. I was getting worried as well until you told me you can't eat much with a belly. Sorry I am rambling. I have been reading and researching so much...I want to get my mind off of it but at the same time I know that I am the only one that is going to get me well. No uro is going to take the time It all takes alot of energy! Thanks a bunch for responding and for the help. It has been very hard coming out of remission and facing this buggar again...with new and improved symptoms

Linda

Comment

Wow....it must be hard coming out of a seven year remission! I was in a 2-3 year remission (with just an occational flare here or there) and came out of it this past December with a flare that has rivaled my first. It's taxed me mentally and physically this time even though I know I've gotten through this in the past. Here's to hoping that we both get back to remission quickly!
            mom_in_ma

Comment

PS....I know you're probably doing the ic diet. But try tums as well. For some reason they seem to sooth my bladder and calm things down when I'm really flaring.
              mom_in_ma

Comment

Yea, I agree. I am going to pray for both of us tonight for just that...another looooooooong remission.

Thanks alot
                Linda

Comment

Working...
                X