No announcement yet.

Complex illness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Information Ladies. I'm not familiar with any of this stuff. Thanks for explaining it. You have a great attitude Mishque.

Kara
    Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
    http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

What is Losec? Can you buy it in the UK? I'm sorry you can't take pain killers Misque, that must be awful.

My new GP won't prescribe me Co-Proximal; her English is very poor & she's never heard of IC. She thinks Paracetamol (Tylenol?) will work for bladder & kidney stone pain - I might as well take Smarties.

Good luck with the homeopath, let us know if s/he finds anything that helps you.

Comment

Hi Kara,

I try very hard to keep cheerful and not look further than today. It makes everything easier to handle then. I have read a lot of "Tolle" books which I have found most comforting and have helped me cope with the pain in a strange kind of way. I cant say I dont fall occasionally when it all gets a little too much but I do try to find the positive out of the negative.

Life is hard but we have to make the best of what little we have and then hopefully one day the sun will shine. Either that or someone will just take me away in a little white van!

Best wishes
        Mishque

Comment

Hi Eccles,

Thank you for your kindness. I really am hoping the homeopath will be able to help. I will definitely let you know if I find something that works.

Losec is the trade name for Omeprazole. Its a gastro-resistant tablet used for heartburn, reflux, indigestion and ulcer prevention. I just take them when my stomach is really bad. You have to get them on prescription though.

As for your doctor, she really doesnt sound too good. You really need someone who understands, it makes life a little easier then. Paracetamol just upsets my bowels but certainly doesnt do anything for the pain. As you say you might just as well take smarties!

Best wishes
          Mishque.

Comment

By the way Eccles,

Have you tried taking Peppermint Oil tablets. They are very good for stomach cramps and are supposed to help to eliminate stones. I take one before every meal and they do seem to ease off the pain a little.

Diet is supposed to help too so I guess that's my next port of call after the homeopath.

Just a thought.

Best wishes
            Mishque

Comment

Tolle

Mishque,

What are Tolle books?

Kara
              Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

Hi Kara,

Eckhart Tolle is a counsellor and spiritual teacher. His books help you to look outside your pain and live in the now. I guess his ideas are very similar to buddism. Two books of his "Stillness Speaks" and "The Power of Now" have been of great help to me coming to terms with my illnesses and my pain and in a way given me peace inside. I havent actually looked at them for a while but his words did help me get through an operation because I couldnt have the medication to put me to sleep.

His books are very deep but very meaningful.

Kind regards
                Mishque

Comment

Mishque,

I'm glad you found what works for you. Very Interesting. I am always looking for new ways to cope with my pain.

Kara

Comment

Thank you Misque. I can't take any form of mint as I'm doing the Guaifenesin protocol for M.E. & fibromyalgia & mint prevents it from working. I hope others can benefit from your advice tho'.

Comment

Working...
                    X