X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christinaw
    replied
    Hi Mishque,
    Have you looked for an alternative medi MD in your area? There are some folks who are herbalists, some who are massage therapists, and then others who receive doctorate level degrees in alternative medicine. You may also find traditional MD who also works with alternative med-this is best option I have found.

Leave a comment:

• Mishque
    replied
    Dear Kara,

Thank you. I would always contact my doctor before starting anything but new ideas are interesting and worth looking at to put before him.

In the UK the consultants do not monitor you, once they have diagnosed you they leave the rest up to your doctor, even medication. Patients are left to solve their own problems as regards diet, etc., we get no back up here like you do in the USA. The NHS do not cater for that unfortunately. A lot of the things I have found to help me have been through my own investigations and trials and not through the doctors. It is a long process.

I do wish you well Kara.

Kind regards
    Mishque

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Please try to remeber that we are not here to give out medical advice. IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Leave a comment:

• Mishque
    replied
    Thank you both Laura and Ginny for caring.

I must admit I am very interested in your theory Laura and maybe when you have written your book, I can have a copy to try the diet etc. It is obviously very complex and I would have to order some PH strips. I am not sure whether they sell them over here in the UK but I can find out.

Where did you get the idea from? Was it your doctor?

I must admit though Cucumber makes me worse so I leave that alone. I havent tried Avocado so I dont know. I dont normally eat leafy vegetables as I find they give me too much iron, which again causes me problems, but I will try a little at a time and see what happens. I already drink Avian as I find that a really nice bottled water. The only dairy I have is milk which I have to have to help with my stomach and my hernia. I cannot drink herbal teas very often because they upset me. I am on a very basic diet to be honest.

The trouble is with these illnesses is that none of us are the same. Different things help different people and that is what makes it so hard to find the right cure for yourself. If not cure, something that helps and doesnt upset the other illnesses. It is so complex.

Thank you so much for your help Laura.

Best wishes
    Mishque

Leave a comment:

• Ginny
    replied
    Complex illness

I also have a very complex system. I don't even want to explain all the illness I have. I have tried everything at least once.

Years ago I was helped by Accupressure. Not accupuncture. It's more like a massage on the accupressure points. Much more pressure than a massage.

I am now being helped by taking Quencetin. I am shocked how much help I am getting from it. I also stopped working full time so I am giving my body the chance to heal.

Ginny

Leave a comment:

• Mishque
    replied
    Thank you Kara for your kindness.

Best wishes
    Mishque

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Mishque,

I'm sorry you are suffering so badly. I wish I could help you about the alternative medicine. Maybe some of the other ladies here can help you with this.

Well Wishes,

Kara

Leave a comment:

• Mishque
    replied
    Hi Laura,

What do you mean by weak acid? I have been on a low oxalate diet for years and it doesnt help. I dont eat any fruit except for an occasional Banana. I only eat peas, runner beans and carrots as they are the only ones that agree with me. In fact I dont eat any acidic foods. I have lots of antacid because I have a hernia anyway and Prelief is basically the same thing. We dont have it in the UK. I have tried it though and it doesnt help.
    I went through a proper elimination diet with my consultant many years ago so I do try not to eat foods that upset me.

I have also tried most of the cream and potions on the market and even tried special washing powders etc to see if that would help.

Aloe vera juice helps when my bowels are upset and Aloe vera gel sometimes gives me relief but that's about it. I have also tried Homeopathic medicine but that doesnt help either.

Mind you sometimes I am in so much pain with the Fibromyalgia and have so many electric shocks going all over my body that the Vulvadynia is a minor problem in comparison.

Such is life I guess. Until the doctors can sort out why we produce so much acid I dont think any of us will have a pain free life.

Good health to you to.
    Kind regards
    Mishque

Leave a comment:

• Mishque
    started a topic Complex illness

Complex illness

I have ME, Fibromyalgia and Vulvadynia and I now have Interstitial Cycstitis!! The problem is that with ME your body will not accept conventional medicines, not even strong painkillers! I just have to suffer pain most of the time.

I am looking for alterative medicine help that hopefully my body will accept.

Personally I wish these doctors and scientists would look at what is causing excess acid in our bodies. It must be some kind of imbalance in our systems. If they could solve what part of our body is not working properly, i.e. liver, gald bladder, hormones etc., we could take the right drugs to cure the problem. All they do is look for a treatment to solve the symptoms which to be honest dont work, or if they do, not for long. Having had Vulvadynia for many years I have tried all the acid free diets, drinks etc etc., tried potions, creams, medications, exploratories, but to no avail. I keep asking the consultants, "why am I producing too much acid" but they cannot answer it because no one is investigating it and none of the doctors actually know, they just try to make you think that they do. I have found that all they want to do is use you as a guinea pig for different tablets that in the end cause you more side effects and problems than you had in the first place!!

Sorry, but I had to get this off my chest!!

Has anyone else got problems the same as me?

Kind regards
    Mishque
Working...
X