No announcement yet.

What blood pressure meds are you ok on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What blood pressure meds are you ok on?

I'm already on a beta blocker (like atenolol, propanolol) for high blood pressure. I've been flaring on a new one, an ace inhibitor. They do list painful urination as a side effect, so it may be the med. What bp meds don't make you flare? I'd like to be prepared when my doc suggests a new one, and yes, I know we are all different, but there are patterns.
    Hope you are all doing well. I do appreciate the time it takes to answer, so thank you!
    Sue
    We can help one another here. Sue

I take Toprol XL with no problems.

Comment

I'm on Toprol XL and Azor (combination med of Norvasc and Benicar). I've had no problems with either.
      (\__/)
      (o.O )
      (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

Benicar/hydrochlorothiazide here with no problem.
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I am using metoprolol with no problem.

Comment

I take Toprol-XL with no problems.

Comment

I take Atacand/HCT (hydrochlorothiazide) with no problems at all -
              Crystal

Diagnosed July, 2008 - IBS
              Diagnosed August, 2008 - IC and PFD

Current Meds:
              Elmiron 100mg - 3 daily
              UTA capsules - as needed
              Vesicare 5mg - 1 daily
              Atacand/Hct - 32/12.5mg - 1 daily (blood pressure)
              Glimepiride 4mg - 2 daily (Diabetes)
              Metformin 1000mg - 2 daily (Diabetes)
              Amitiza 24 mcg - 2 daily (chronic constipation)
              Miralax - twice daily (chronic constipation)
              Ativan 1mg - nightly to settle bladder
              Tylenol - 500mg as needed to settle bladder
              Follow the IC Diet
              --

Comment

I've taken Cardizem for years.

Comment

I take a beta blocker called Zebeta (Bisoprolol) and also Clonidine. Both of them are fine for my bladder. Good luck figuring this out. I've heard diuretics can cause bladder pain.
                  -Laura
                  • 61 yrs old
                  • Diagnosed Feb 2009, but had IC for years before that;
                  • Also horribly progressive, debilitatingly painful, severe vascular rosacea and erythromelalgia.

• Stuff that helps me--
                  - the IC diet
                  - CystoProtek (wonderful stuff, highly recommended)
                  - Vagifem (vaginal estrogen)
                  - Remeron (Mirtazapine)- 30 mg nightly for depression and IC nerve pain
                  - Hydroxyzine- antihistamine for IC

Comment

I take Lisinopril with no problems. I took Toprol-XL for years but it made my Raynaud's (circulation problems in fingers) worse so had to switch about a year ago.
                    3/06 IC symptoms began immediately after endometrial ablation procedure called NovaSure
                    5/07 IC diagnosed by cystoscopy with hydrodistention finally after 14 months of doctor's appointments and pain

Medications: Elmiron since 8/07, Atarax, Synthroid & Cytomel for low thyroid, Lisinopril for high blood pressure, Xanax for anxiety as needed, Vitamin D 50,000 units once a week

Supplements: MSM/glucosamine, Quercetin, Desert Harvest Aloe Vera, Flora Biotic 16, Magnesium, Citracal, B-complex

What's worked: IC diet, physical therapy for pelvic floor dysfunction, TENS, rescue instillations and acupuncture

Comment

HI,
                      I take Diovan HCT for blood pressure and no problems at all.
                      Karen

Comment

I take Benicar Hct like Donna and have no problems with it.

Aleet7
                        DX'd with IC 5/08
                        other Dx's~SVT: had Catheter
                        Catheter Ablation Aug 19,2010
                        Migraines, PFD, Hypertension,
                        Prolapsed Pelvic
                        Organs and Degenerative Disc
                        Disease, Kidney stones, Insomnia
                        Two bulging discs w/tears and osteo
                        arthritis in multiple joints in the spine

Current Meds:Elmiron 400 mg per day
                        Benicar Hct 40-25mg for Hypertension
                        Norvasc 2.5
                        Vicoden as needed for pain
                        Cymbalta 30 mg
                        Prelief
                        CystaQ
                        Prosed
                        Lidoderm Patch

Psalm 121
                        I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.

"Be Kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Comment

I take propranolol or inderol (same thing)
                          Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
                          http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

I take Lotensin without problem
                            Diagnosed with IC Nov. 2007
                            Also have high blood pressure and pain from neuropathy caused by gunshot wound, arthritis, sciatica, and muscle spasms.

Current Medications: Lotensin (blood pressure), Neurotin, Amitriptyline, UTA Caps, Ditropan, Tizanidine, and, depending on the severity, I take Tramadol, Lortab 10 or Darvocet for pain.

Medications Tried and Quit: Cymbalta - nausea, vomiting, and crazy mood swings.

Comment

I take cozaar without problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X