No announcement yet.

In a mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest I wasn'tbeing 100% fair about our national health service. Its just suffering in the recession at the moment and because its all dependent on tax payers money certain medications which are expensive...certainly many cancer drugs are just not provided on the NHS as they are too expensive. This is very frustrating and heart breaking as you can imagine. Of course being able to go to a doctor, and a consultant and have any number of hospital procedures and operations completely free of charge does take some beating, but then the service will try and cut back on some things whihc really could be life saving....there really is no sense in some of the decisions they make. We are able to take out private health care here, but it is hugely expensive and out of the pocket of the average person who has got so used to free medical treatment that by the time they reach the age that they need really expensive treatments its too late to get private medical.
    of course most althernate therapies are not provided for such as accuncutre, chiropractors, reflexology etc etc, but interestinly accupucnture for certain symptomes and problems such as stroke recovery, circulation, pain control and back problems is slowly being introduced into the medical mainstream as its cheap, non invasive, requires no drugs and very little equipment - everything the national health service loves.
    Sorry you had a frustrating time with the accupuncturist, its like most things really, you have to find one who understands you. Wish you were over here, I have one of the best....my number one son who got his degree in TCM 2 years ago and has now gone back to do podiatry, so I will not only have no pain but will have fabulous feet for free as well. :-)
    Every time things start getting tough, I just put on my Big Girl Pants and get on with it

Comment

in a mess

Originally posted by Capey View Post
      To be honest I wasn'tbeing 100% fair about our national health service. Its just suffering in the recession at the moment and because its all dependent on tax payers money certain medications which are expensive...certainly many cancer drugs are just not provided on the NHS as they are too expensive. This is very frustrating and heart breaking as you can imagine. Of course being able to go to a doctor, and a consultant and have any number of hospital procedures and operations completely free of charge does take some beating, but then the service will try and cut back on some things whihc really could be life saving....there really is no sense in some of the decisions they make. We are able to take out private health care here, but it is hugely expensive and out of the pocket of the average person who has got so used to free medical treatment that by the time they reach the age that they need really expensive treatments its too late to get private medical.
      of course most althernate therapies are not provided for such as accuncutre, chiropractors, reflexology etc etc, but interestinly accupucnture for certain symptomes and problems such as stroke recovery, circulation, pain control and back problems is slowly being introduced into the medical mainstream as its cheap, non invasive, requires no drugs and very little equipment - everything the national health service loves.
      Sorry you had a frustrating time with the accupuncturist, its like most things really, you have to find one who understands you. Wish you were over here, I have one of the best....my number one son who got his degree in TCM 2 years ago and has now gone back to do podiatry, so I will not only have no pain but will have fabulous feet for free as well. :-)

Capey,
      My husband is a retired podiatrist! However, he wants nothing to do with my feet!
      Thanks for the very interesting and informative posts.
      I hope you're doing okay.
      Laurie

Comment

So i have been using acupuncture for 3 years with some herbs. Always helps be get out of a flare. I then go a couple x a month for maintenance. However i am in now in the worst flare ever for 5 weeks triggered by sex. I am having extreme stress and anxiety which definitely makes it worse. It is a viscious cycle. I can't see to get out of this flare. i had a couple weeks that were better but then way worse again. Nothing is working not even acupuncture. What has usually given me relief is now causing me to be worse after treatment. I am on the diet very strictly and am losing weight rapidly due to that and the stress. I had terrible retention yesterday and when i finally started going I felt way worse. No i don't have a uti been checked twice. I usually flare in spring but this is beyond anything i had imagined. I have sypmtoms different than usual and way worse. Does anyone have suggestions about what points the acupuncturist could try? I am having urgency but not always able to go and feeling way worse after i go. Feel like i am having spasms after I pee. Cramping too. It is awful. Not sleeping well either. I am at my wits end.

Comment

bubbe1- Was wondering how the chiropractic work went? I don't think it's unusual at all to have lower back problems that are related to the pelvic area. I had what my doctor (and I think I use that term loosely with this guy- he was a doozy)at the time told me was vulvar vestibulitis. I went to a chiropractor for lower back and hip adjustments and my other problem improved, and much more so than from the trillion or so creams the dr. had given me. It may have improved the blood flow and circulation to the point of being able to heal.

Comment

in a mess

Hi,
            The chiro. didn't help with my pelvic pain and in fact seemed to be irritating everything, including my back. I was surprised since in the past this doctor has always been able to unkink me and make me feel better. He only does a few things, though, so maybe my current problems are out of his scope of treatment.
            I'm glad your chiro. was able to help, and love the comment about "using the term" doctor loosely. Boy can I relate to that!
            Take care and keep feeling better!
            Laurie

Comment

Working...
            X