Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ic_01
    replied
    Had the same problem and preleif helped when I would take it an hour before getting up for the day or when I would get up.
    I saw the best results when I went on a botanical allergy diet for the first time. The doctor gave me this huge list of foods to avoid, I was down to veggies, rice, water, meat and had to steam them in steel pan etc. But after a week of doing this and avoiding what he thought my skin was sensitive to, I felt tremendous & instead of waking up in pain I could sleep in. It's been really hard for me to get back ontu this diet but I always feel best when I avoid everything that bothers me.

Leave a comment:

• icadvice
    replied
    It's that way for me. I wake up every hour to 3hrs at least. And theres no way I can't make a bathroom trip upon awaking even if it's just the smallest amount, because the urine in my bladder really hurts after sitting there for a while.
    Between trips at night always take a gulp or several of water to prevent my bladder from becoming acidic and wash out irritants.
    Prelief helped me when I would take it during about 2hrs before I really had to get up for the day. I would wake up with less of a flare. Cysta Q helped at first but I started over doing it and seemed to become tolerant, plus it says not to take more than recommended dose as it can have a toxic affect.
    The most relief I've had for nocturia though is finding out foods I test positive to on a skin allergy test and avoiding them altogether, and following a botannical food diet. During that diet the times I woke up at night was greatly decreased and I could actually wake up and go back to sleep rather than feeling pain to go even if it was just 1/8th a cup.

Leave a comment:

• Landish
    replied
    If your calcium supplements contain calcium carbonate, take them with food. Stomach acid produced while eating helps the absorption of calcium carbonate.
    If your calcium supplements contain calcium citrate, you can take them with or without food.

from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D. Mayo Clinic.

Leave a comment:

• shirleyw
    replied
    I'm so glad you brought this up

Thank you ladies for this great information. I always wake up with bladder pain and didn't think about taking Prelief with a glass of water when I get up during the early morning. I will definitely give this a try. It is so wonderful that we can help each other. I am so thankful to Jesus for this forum.

A few weeks ago I was in a lot of pain - stomach upset and nausea. I was scheduled to see a Gastro Doctor. After reading on the forum, I realized it was because of taking the Elmiron on an empty stomach. I found out from one of the ladies who posted that her doctor said to open the capsule and mix it in a tablespoon of pear baby food. Also another lady told me to eat a small snack 1 hour after taking my Elmiron if it isn't time for a regular meal. This has worked great for me and now I don't even need to go to the Gastro doctor.

Again this site and all the wonderful information is a God send. God bless you all.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    No, you can take it alone, it can help stop a flare (any calcium can help). My UG suggested it too in a paper he gave me along with the main diet triggers. They suggested either baking soda in water or even the prelief by itself. But anyways, even between meals if my bladder is bugging me I'll pop a couple of prelief or a citracal.

Leave a comment:

• healingthoughts
    replied
    I thought Prelief was meant to be taken with food, and not just by itself

Leave a comment:

• Kirs10
    replied
    Me too!!

It happens every night that I sleep more than an hour 1/2...I wake up with this awful pain and need to pee like I haven't peed in 8 hours or more....it is amost not worth the sleep to have to deal with the pain in the morning...

Leave a comment:

• SFGirl
    replied
    The same thing happens to me. If I am able to fall asleep for about 4 hours, then I wake up with extremely bad bladder pain, as well as super tight pelvic floor muscles. I also wake up with urge. And then after I urinate, I have a lot of pain as well. I'm going to try taking the Prelief suggested here. Sounds like a good idea!

Leave a comment:

• aleet7
    replied
    This happens to me...just as the others said...the urine is too acidic overnight. Try taking a pyridium or acid reducer before you go to bed...this always helps me!

Best Wishes,
    Aleet7

Leave a comment:

• needsrelief
    replied
    thanks for the advice. the flare usually goes away but not always.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    I agree probably because of acidic urine. How about leaving a few prelief by your bed and when you wake up in the middle of the night take the prelief with a glass of water. If you don't have prelief you could take regular calcium instead or chew a tums with your glass of water. It might do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• Landish
    replied
    It's because your urine becomes more acidic. I also have flares in the morning. I have to drink water at 5 am.

Leave a comment:

• bob04951
    replied
    That's a tough one. What's the trade off is the question. How long do your morning flares last? If it's just an hour or two and you are better in the PM I would take it. Getting up every hour is exhausting. Would definitely start forcing good fluid as soon as you lift your head from the pillow. Maybe during that one time you get up during the night, have something ready to drink or take that relieves your flares normally. Taking something in between may help with that AM burning. Hope you find relief, and so glad at least one of us is getting some sleep!

Leave a comment:

• If I sleep during the night, I flare in the morning

I take neurontin,atarax and something elavil at night to help me sleep. With this combination I usually get up one time instead of six or seven times without medication. when I sleep most of the night Im in a flare the next morning. does anyone know why this happens and how I can counteract it?-thanks
Working...
X