Ic and RA taking Remicade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ic and RA taking Remicade

I have had Ic for overr 20 years and the last 10 it has been pretty much okay, then I hit menopause and needed added vaginal estrogen and that hleped. I have been on methotrexate and enbrel for 11 years for my Rheumaoitd arthritis, it has stopped working the enbrel that is, so dr switched me to Remicade, I could feel it bothering my bladder as I had the iv infusion for over 3 hours. On day three after it by the worst flare I have ever had. I can not say for sure it was the remicade but becasue one of the side effects can be bladder infections I assumed it was from that.
    The dr disagrees.
    Has anyone else used remicade while having IC?
    Thanks
    Becky

Not remicade but I'm on Plaquenil for inflammatory arthritis. Not sure if it's what's irritating my IC or just stress. So hard to tell!
    (formerly DonnaRenee1)

Diagnoses: IC, fibromyalgia, inflammatory arthritis, connective tissue disease, reynaud's, APS, (the lupus anticoagulant, also known as "sticky blood syndrome")
    Meds: low molecular weight heparins, synthroid, methadone for pain, tizanidine, cymbalta, pyridium plus, urelle, phenergan for nausea, ambien, lisinopril, norvasc, plaqenuil for arthritis, and over the counter Prelief
    Treatments: DMSO, occasional hydrodistentions, hot baths, strategically placed heating pads and ice packs, TENS unit, and everything from pity parties to prayer.
    I have lots of support from my family. My husband and my parents are amazing! I have a wonderful daughter who also has IC, and she has given me 2 precious granddaughters. They are my heart and soul! Thank you God for my family!

Comment

I'm on Remicade for Ulcerative Colitis. My bladder has never been great (since diagnosis) but I have not noticed mine getting worse with Remicade. I've had 4 treatments now. So sorry this is happening to you!
      Conditions:
      IBS 4/04; IC 8/05; Vitamin B-12 Deficiency 7/06; Asthma 9/06; Citrus, MSG, Sulfate/Sulfite, Nitrate/Nitrite, Sodium Benzoate Allergy diagnosed 9/06; Fibromyalgia 6/07; Pelvic Floor disfunction 2007; Hysterectomy 10/08; Fallopian Tube Cyst removed 5/10; Chronic Diarrhea since 12/10 ; Ulcerative Colitis 4/12

Medications
      Elmiron 3x day
      Trazadone at bedtime
      Tramadol as needed for pain
      Monthly B-12 injections
      Continuous Birth Control (even though I had a hyst, to control cysts)
      heating pad, hot epsom salt baths, strict IC diet
      Interstim implant 9/11
      Ulcerative Colitis Meds - Remicade, Azathioprine, Lialda, prednisone several times a year

Failed Bladder Treatments
      Lyrica, Elavil, Detrol, Detrol LA, Ditropan, Sanctura, Flomax, Prelief, Pyridium & Urelle (allergic!), Lidoderm patches, long term antibiotics - Macrobid and others, instillations (ouch!), CystaQ, pelvic floor therapy, fulguration, bladder injections, bladder stretching

Comment

Working...
      X