BioFeedback through the rectum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BioFeedback through the rectum?

My Uro is reccomending this therapy. Has anyone had this done?

You can have the biofeedback done through vagina or rectum. Some find it more comfortable through the rectum because the vestibule and vulva is just too sore. I have not had it but I have had internal pt through the rectum because of my tailbone pain. The hope was that it wouldn't flare up my vulvodynia like vaginal work does. It didn't flare the vulva pain but I couldn't sit properly or poo or pass wind without pain for 4 days (rectal pain). The biofeedback isn't pressing on anything though so I cant imagine it flaring anyone. It wasnt that that flared me it was the trigger point work.

I wish I could tolorate PT better, my poor muscles are so worked up at times, and stretching them in theory would help, it just makes me worse off. I found when I was going regular though, the pain after sessions was not as bad as it is if I go once or twice every few months. Hope this helps. Biofeedback helped me learn to relax muscles, thus helping with sex pain.

Claire
    TMJ Dysfunction 2009
    Vulvodynia and/or PFD 2010
    IC, based on symptoms alone 2010.
    PCOS March 2012

8 month remission following the birth of my beautiful daughter Imogen Rose 25/12/12....currently flaring and hoping to get remission back, life without IC was amazing!

Currently using: IC Diet...pain meds as needed
    Medications / treatment tried and discounted:
    Fluconazole 150mg 1 per week for 6 months (yeast)
    Endep 25mg - 4months
    Lyrica 75mg - 2 months - FLARE
    Oxytrol patch - I think this caused retention.
    Countless creams, lotions and potions.
    Cystoprotek - no change in symptoms
    PT - for 1 year
    Various herbs and supplements

Comment

Working...
    X